No$GBA help

MaStRbLiTz

Ok im new to the Emulator thing and i think its a cool project so i got No$GBA the one that plays DS games do i need any bois or plugins or just get a game and play.

spotanjo3

Ok im new to the Emulator thing and i think its a cool project so i got No$GBA the one that plays DS games do i need any bois or plugins or just get a game and play.

No, you will not need bios but you will need firmware and just get a game and play but it is almost little bit complication for you. I will help you get through.

What is firmware ?

88547152kw6.png

You will have to dump it on your own if you have nintendo ds or google it but be warn that most dump firmware do not have this picture because it was skipped and mine is a CLEAN DUMP that my nicest friend dumped it with my name in it for me. However, you don't need it and just follow below because firmware will just read some games that requires it but wont show up like this. It is showing up only if you encrypted your roms if you want to be like real nds lite but really not necessarily. Nice looking, huh ? :) Anyway...

Here it is:

NDS Cartridge Backup Media:

33814366ho5.png

Here it is:

1. Open up your no$gba emulator and select your nds game then go to OPTIONS>EMULATION SETUP and you notice GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo), right ?

See: Reset/Startup Entrypoint

Well, change it to Start Cartridge directly for NDS roms so your roms will not crashes because what you have is require encrypted and bios and you don't need that but you will need firmware because some games like Yoshi's Island requires firmware to run. Now, for the save type... Change it to EEPROM 64k like Super Mario 64 DS, for an example. Then, go to Option>Save option and click it to save.

Alright, now... Click Ok then click File>Reset Cartridge and you are ready to go. Please understand that some games will not accept EEPROM 64k so change to whatever savetype is then click Save option then RESET CARTRIDGE as always then you should be ok. :)

ENJOY!

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Thanks alot it was pretty easy and heres a result of me playing at Perfect speed
10nsvmw.png

-Thanks for the help

You are welcome but be warn that this game have a bug.. You will not see metools themselves but their numbers and others. It is best to use iDeaS if you want to play it or wait for the next version or so. :)

fardude

ideas has better graphics but its not as fast tho, ur right, we need one more version to play properly :)

spotanjo3

ideas has better graphics but its not as fast tho, ur right, we need one more version to play properly :)

No, iDeaS has better graphics. no$gba is much better but the developer do not have 3-D on his computer until recently and he finally have one and is going to fix it in the next version.. Transparency will be fix too! :D

Jale

The good thing is that development is going smootly. We'll have a working NDS emulator in no time.

fardude

No, iDeaS has better graphics. no$gba is much better but the developer do not have 3-D on his computer until recently and he finally have one and is going to fix it in the next version.. Transparency will be fix too! :D

um thats wat i said, i deas has better graphics, wat do u mean no?

spotanjo3

I mean no$gba is MUCH BETTER graphics than iDeaS has better graphics. :D

I can run Castlevania DOS and POR better speed and no graphics errors at all on no$gba 2.5b!!!!!! I almost finish DOS version now, lol!

bassdark25

u'm a question-I havn't played in a while megaman bn 5 DS(yes-beat it but stop due to this-it crashed cuz I put in options-start game with the nintendo DS menu-then as I reset-it crashes it!(yes, I'm asking when I've should have asked a month ago-so anyone knows how to fix this-PM me plz.:)

spotanjo3

I do not understand. It is perfectly fully playable.. Yes, I repeat.. It's fully playable and save is fine. Screenshot ?

kandarian

Lumine Infinite
Imo, i think iDeaS has higher 3d and 2d compability, but poorer "sprite fixation", and less speed/worse sound :)
I'd much rather play a game on No$gba then on iDeaS.

spotanjo3

Imo, i think iDeaS has higher 3d and 2d compability, but poorer "sprite fixation", and less speed/worse sound :)
I'd much rather play a game on No$gba then on iDeaS.

Yeah, no$gba is better but ideas do not have higher compability since I test most games. no$gba have a higher both compability and castlevania por and DOS are perfectly fully playable which I am playing right now with no GFX errors and speed is nice!!! I am almost finish with Castlevania DOS since few days ago. :)