Thread: Need help with epsxe please

Default Need help with epsxe please

Ive downloaded the latest epsxe with all the nesisary plugins and bios.
    I have to admit im quite surprised with how well ps1 emulation has come along.. Anyways my problem is that some iso,bin,img files run fine but others have problems playing music

eg resident evil works perfect but ridge racer has no music can any1 tell me what im doing wrong or what im missing?

thanks in advance

Default Re: Need help with epsxe please

Try pSX 1.13 or Xebra the latest version( I doubt you heard of it because emulator-zone do not added it yet..)
    MacBook Pro 13" with a Retina October 2014 (Purchased on March 28, 2015) - macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.1.1

EMU: SDL MAME - SNES9X - FCEUX - Gens32 - No$gba - DeSmuME - ePSXe - SSF - NeoPop - OSwan - Mupen64Plus - PCSX2 - Dolphin

Crazy Frog

You should make sure you are using a good sound plugin also, and that it is correctly configured to allow all types of sound emulation.

You should also make sure your disc images actually have audio data on them. Some games would have audio tracks, for instance. But if they were ripped the wrong way, you may be lacking them.

You can try other emulators too, no one emulator is always 100% in all areas, but if one can't play a game right, chances are a different one can.

I test with xebra and it have a better compabilities. This is what you are looking but it's up to you. I usually play both Xebra and ePSXe but mostly Xebra because I test many games and epSXe have some problems. Xebra do not use plugin.
    MacBook Pro 13" with a Retina October 2014 (Purchased on March 28, 2015) - macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.1.1

EMU: SDL MAME - SNES9X - FCEUX - Gens32 - No$gba - DeSmuME - ePSXe - SSF - NeoPop - OSwan - Mupen64Plus - PCSX2 - Dolphin

Thanks for the replys guys
    I think i will stick to epsxe because it runs nicley in a frontend.
    I have tryed all the plugins and everything is almost spot on other than those little music problems.
    Ive used iso buster to open up the cue and cdda images and have even extracted some of the files to wav... they play fine just not in the emulator but as you guys said, this may be due to epsxe emulation.

Ok, suit yourself. Xebra and pSX doesn't need plugins at all. They are an accurate emulators like a real psx. All you need is bios and you are ready to go.

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.1.1

Abusus non tollit usum FatTrucker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockmanForte View Post
    Ok, suit yourself. Xebra and pSX doesn't need plugins at all. They are an accurate emulators like a real psx. All you need is bios and you are ready to go.
    Although their lack of filters tends to make the games a bit pixellated on a PC monitor.

The New Kid

Not needing extra plugins is a real bonus, if you ask me. :P

Thread Information