MarioKart Double Dash Gamecube ISO problem

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hi

I downloaded the ISO and its .iso file , but i want to convert it to .gcm to be able to play it on Dolphin , i have a lot of other isos to and i 've searched for a converter and they don't seem to work for me (some of them)

If somenone of you is kind enough to give me a direct link download to a converter that can convert .iso to .gcm with no problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

spotanjo3

Hi

I downloaded the ISO and its .iso file , but i want to convert it to .gcm to be able to play it on Dolphin , i have a lot of other isos to and i 've searched for a converter and they don't seem to work for me (some of them)

If somenone of you is kind enough to give me a direct link download to a converter that can convert .iso to .gcm with no problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If you dont have core 2 duo or above with a better graphics then you will not run this emulator with a decent speed. It will be very slow and graphic will be crappy. You need a powerful computer and a better graphic to do that.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I will try it at my cousin PC. He has just bought a 5200MHZ processor 2gb ram 1gb graphic card so it will not be a problem , just tell me the direct link to the converter, i need it as i have all mario gamecube games to try and i 've seen videos where Dolphin plays them even with a lower specification PC of that of my cousin.

spotanjo3

I will try it at my cousin PC. He has just bought a 5200MHZ processor 2gb ram 1gb graphic card so it will not be a problem , just tell me the direct link to the converter, i need it as i have all mario gamecube games to try and i 've seen videos where Dolphin plays them even with a lower specification PC of that of my cousin.

No, just rename it to .gcm from .iso and it works for me. However... does your cousin have core 2 duo ?? Without it, you won't run it or run it VERY SLOW... You must have core 2 duo and Windows X64. :)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Yes it worked , thanks man and my cousin has core 2 but not xp 64 i will play it tomorrow with dolphin not the 64 bit version , and i just tried it at my scrappy pc 3200mhz and the emulator recognize the game , yes.

So thanks man.

spotanjo3

Great but you need to update newer emulator because it is much better with newer emulator. However, you have core 2 duo and that is good but newer emulator require windows x64 to improvement some games.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I tested only two games with that PC and even without x64 they ran

1 Mario Kart with 30 fps as max
2 Super Mario Sunshine at 30 fps as max speed.
I don't know if this is good or bad but the games were enjoyable playing for me.

I never imagined that dolphin was a great gamecube emulator!

At my PC 3.2ghz processor and a ATI 128MB graphic card i had a speed of 13 fps as max and really really severe graphic problems , i could see the screen behind a blue screen (a little bit weird and scary)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I tested only two games with that PC and even without x64 they ran

1 Mario Kart with 30 fps as max
2 Super Mario Sunshine at 30 fps as max speed.
I don't know if this is good or bad but the games were enjoyable playing for me.

I never imagined that dolphin was a great gamecube emulator!

At my PC 3.2ghz processor and a ATI 128MB graphic card i had a speed of 13 fps as max and really really severe graphic problems , i could see the screen behind a blue screen (a little bit weird and scary)

No, I am talk about the newest update of emulator released. Maybe you have had Dolphin 1.02 version.

Well finally you can test this version aswell, however there are a few general notes:
- Remember that this version is a PRIVATE BETA version.
- This means it is less stable than Dolphin 1.02, USE AT OWN RISK.
- This version requires a 64bit operating system (either Windows XP64 or Vista64)
- SO IT WILL NOT WORK ON A 32BIT OS (GOT THAT?)
- The graphics/audio plugins haven't been upgraded.
- Due core changes some games might run better, some might run worse or not at all
- Speed is now CPU dependant, dualcore is obviously helps a lot.

Quote from Chaoscode: "SSBM is 100% playable with 100% speed on my crappy computer."

Enjoy this Public beta testing release, and...
don't forget to thank ector & F|RES in this thread!

Dolphin Beta 3 is the latest version with imporvement stuff and require X64 and core 2 duo and above.

http://www.dolphin-emu.com/

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Yes i had 1.02 Installer of Dolphin , i don't know if my cousin will want to upgrade to a 64 bit version of XP ,but if he will we definitely will try it out.

spotanjo3

That is why your version accepted 32bit and this newer version only accept 64bit and much improvement over 32bit with some speed to increase and some graphics fixed.

Meatball

Rockman:

I count my self-build as still quite powerful:

Intel C2D 6600 2.4Ghz
2Gb Ram
nVidia 7900GT 256Mb
Windows Vista HP x64

How well do you think I'll be able to play GC games?

spotanjo3

Rockman:

I count my self-build as still quite powerful:

Intel C2D 6600 2.4Ghz
2Gb Ram
nVidia 7900GT 256Mb
Windows Vista HP x64

How well do you think I'll be able to play GC games?

Good computer, I think. You can try it and see how it goes. :)