General ePSXe Setup and Configuration

secondchance

secondchance
hey, I'm a new guy here like everyone else that posts on this particular topic. I installed everything you listed, but when i go to open the psx, it says it can't find zlib1.dll I tried reinstalling it, but it still didn't work. I'm going to try to find it online, but I don't know where to put it if I'm able to find it. Any guesses, suggestions, etc?

JoshM22

How do i play eboot files with this program?

zurodine178

HELP!!!
I downloaded everything like I was supposed to but when I wen to go and start up the ePZXe program a message came up saying
'This application has failed to start because zlib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.' If anyone knows what going on please let me know.

Mystic

Banned

chrono84

im having trouble with running this on vista. i keep getting an error saying "this application has failed to start because zlib1.dll was not found" i thought maybe it was an os issue, but i tried running it with compatibility wizard into an earlier os, but got the same message. any help would be greatly appreciated, thnx

zurodine178

im still having issues. for certain games some of the graphics come up as black screens. for ex. i have a ff tactics iso and the world map becomes a black screen while the points you choose to travel on are still there. the actual game that i have will lag and freeze horribly. any ideas whats up?

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
im still having issues. for certain games some of the graphics come up as black screens. for ex. i have a ff tactics iso and the world map becomes a black screen while the points you choose to travel on are still there. the actual game that i have will lag and freeze horribly. any ideas whats up?

Try P.E.Op.S soft GPU plugin. If you're using save states then start a game from the beginning using the mentioned plugin.

Baltazar

Very nice tutorial,tanx.And one more question please...do you know how to install regular joypads,i have original sony joypads and also some usb wire to connect them to computer,but somehow i cant find option to activate them.Is there any at all?Thanks.

Konzen

Hello people! Cool to be here. Lotsa nice info.

Anyway, I'm quite hesitant to start a thread for just one question. So here goes.

I am currently playing Breath of Fire 3, and I am experiencing lagging problems. The game slows down in random parts of the game - both video and audio. I've read somewhere here that in cases wherein the game is going too fast, the video config should be tweaked. Does it follow that I should I also do the same solution? Also, I'm not quite sure how to tweak these settings. It would really help if any of you would suggest ideal settings for my problem.

Thanks in advance. Really appreciate this. :D

Mystic

Banned
Hello people! Cool to be here. Lotsa nice info.

Anyway, I'm quite hesitant to start a thread for just one question. So here goes.

I am currently playing Breath of Fire 3, and I am experiencing lagging problems. The game slows down in random parts of the game - both video and audio. I've read somewhere here that in cases wherein the game is going too fast, the video config should be tweaked. Does it follow that I should I also do the same solution? Also, I'm not quite sure how to tweak these settings. It would really help if any of you would suggest ideal settings for my problem.

Thanks in advance. Really appreciate this. :D

You shoulda started your own thread for this, but w/e.
What are your system specs?
What plug-ins are you using?
Can you give us a screen shot of your graphic plug-in set up?

Konzen

Hi Mystic. Thanks. Actually just a few minutes since I posted that query, I instantly fixed it on my own! Haha. Stupid me. I only had to try an another graphics plug-in. All's well... UNTIL I reached a certain point in the game.

There's a part in the game wherein Ryu (the game's protagonist) is asked to chop wood. And I, as the player, am required to use the Triangle button for Ryu to hack the wood. Btw, I assigned the Triangle button to letter W in the keyboard. There's a time limit for the challenge so I really have to hack as many wood as I can. And so the timer starts and I noticed, THE TRIANGLE BUTTON (W) DOESN'T WORK! I tried other buttons but to no avail. Until the game hangs up, and I am forced to quit the emulator. Right now, I'm starting to hunt for solutions but no luck yet.

So there. So much for the instant solution. Might as well try Vagrant Story while figuring out what to do.

Thanks thank thanks!

EDIT: I fixed it again. Sheesh. Really stupid me. Is there such a thing as an ULTIMATE plug-in? I'd really love to have that. LOL

Last edited: