General ePSXe Setup and Configuration

montpics

Softy said:
I have this scph10000,but no progress in work of emulator,so what the f***?
That's PS2 bios, not PS bios. :cool:

Kopas10

What about files ".nrg", does they work with this program? Maybe I have to configure something (at the moment I configure ePSXe just like GG said). If not, what program do I need to run it?

montpics

Kopas10 said:
What about files ".nrg", does they work with this program? Maybe I have to configure something (at the moment I configure ePSXe just like GG said). If not, what program do I need to run it?
That's a Nero CD image file. You can mount it with Daemon-Tools and play with ePSXe.

Alternatively, you may rename it into ".iso" (make a backup first) and see if that's work with ePSXe directly. Good luck! ;)

Gee3000

Hi there, thanx a lot for clarifying this mess of an emulator :)

However, I'm still having a problem. The game I'm tryin to play is Final Fantasy 9 UK PAL (original psx cd).
I'm trying to set this up (never used it before) with the following plugins:

- Bios: SCPH7502 (UK PAL)
- Graphics: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6
- Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
- CD-ROM - PROBLEM!

The problem seems to be that when I select "ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2" and click Configure button, it gives me the following error:
" * Error loading WNASPI32.DLL"

Am I using the wrong CD plugin? I have tried the following but to no use:
- ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2
- Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8
- SaPu's CD-ROM Plugin 1.0

My system specs are as follows:
- P4 3.4Ghz with 1GB Ram
- NVidia GeForce FX 5500 128MB

Any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

hagbard

you're missing ASPI layer, give a try to forceASPI. If you're using win 2k/Xp you can switch to SPTI (IOCTL).

Anyway, to use an *original* FF9 PAL CD on ePSXe, you'll need the specific patches. Get only the files for your region (PAL UK). Then unzip the patches (.ppf) to ePSXe "patches" folder, then rename each one acording its respective CDs: In FF9 CD number 1 main folder there is a file named "SLES_029.69". Rename the .pff exactlly as that file, the same for the other CDs, but note the SLES_#.29.69 will have "1", "2", and "3" instead "#".
Don't forget to and leave them on the "patches" folder. Should load OK then ;)

Last edited:

Gee3000

WOW it worked! I couldn't get the patch from the website you mentioned but luckily someone had put it on their own site until the site you mentioned was back up! It works perfectly chrystal now, thanx a lot :D Appreciated :D

Last edited:

Ed-Hed

-=>Post deleted by ME!<=-

Once again, the problem magically fixed itself. Only this time only seconds after posting this.
I'll be back with other stupid questions some other time.

Last edited:

xinran

i followed ur procedure and got an error in loading WNASPI32.DLL after i press config at cdrom drive config

how do i solve it?

xinran

confused

i downlaoded the dll file this time another eerror came out

error in init aspi(235)

wad shd i do?

hagbard

Remove your aspi, as might be corrupted, with the bats in forceaspi. Then install again

FF9

Final Fantasy 9

I recently bought a copy of final fantasy 9, and i have looked for the patch to play it on epsxe, but cant find it, if anyone can help[ me with this please do.

hagbard

You only need the patch to play the original one you got, if you make an iso and play from your HD that's not needed and might help you to take care of this stuff ;)

montpics

Use ISOPoducer or something related softwares to make an ISO.

Link broken? Looks like I have to look somewhere else.....

Edit :
Check your PM! :)

Last edited:

FF9

I tried ISO prducer, it keeps coming up with an error message and closes.

EDIT

Nvm i fixed it all, working great, graphics come out much better emulated than when i use my playstation 2.

Thanks to all for the help.

Last edited:

redshift

Is it possible to actually run a iso as it is on a emulator? Like ive read this topic about the nero's nrg image extentions but is it possible just to run the file as it is without using a mounting program?
(Reason why i ask is that im planning on running a game at school{GTA} and their are to options disabled to allow installation of a program in which the Daemon Tool won't be able to work because it creates a VCD)

Im still yet to actually find a program that rips a cd into a extention .iso and that can rip psx games properly.

hagbard

Emulators use the iso and cue/bin (then img) because are very common formats, and the .iso it's even free. You might create various DT emulated drives, so I don't see thta as a problem :cool:

You might create good .iso with Isoproducer (look for on this thread), and cue/bin with CDRwin (the format propietary) and many others

Last edited: