General ePSXe Setup and Configuration

cryp

hi

i have ePSXe v1.6.0

the poblem is the when I play Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets the sound suddenly begin to repeat and repeat

so whats the solution?

blackdeth

Hi,
I did all what was said in default configuration on the 1st page of this topic.
BUT! When i start for example Medal Of Honor Underground (PAL) from CD or from ISO no matter how. The screen appears dark and nothing going on! No sound now video just nothing! I have Athlon 3200+ 2,16 GHz 512 RAM i think that's enough? PLZ help

montpics

How about your Graphic Card?

Plugins that you may try are these below :
Graphic
Pete's OpenGL
P.E.Op.S GPU

Sound
Eternal SPU

CD
SaPu CD plugin

If the game is an ISO, you can mount the ISO with Daemon-Tools and try to set the CD drive to a right one from the SaPu CD plugin's configuration.

Good luck! ;)

blackdeth

hmph...i'm using Pete's OpenGL graphic plugin and enternal SPU .I'll try to find the CD plugin and'll see. 128 MB video card nvidia...don't know model but i think that's not a problem

Last edited:

blackdeth

I was right it's still not working. When i start it the screen gets black and thats all. Nothing happens. But if I start bios everything seems working but game is not...i'm confused, medal of honor was working on ADRI PSX emulator which is kinda dump thing.

Last edited:

blackdeth

Still can't solve this problem. When i launch the game EVEN WITH CD-ROM removed i don't say something like insert the correct cd or smth like that. The sceen is black and i can see the start panel below. It don't want to start itself.

montpics

Start to think that your disc is corrupted unless you're pretty sure that the game is playable on the real console.

Edit :
Another possible of what caused it. One word : incompatible.

Last edited:

blackdeth

I play all these games on console, they work ok. I tryed another game-nothing happened! i've removed my cd from cd-rom and started again, the screen is black everything is just the same...looks like problem is not in CD,the problem is in emulator but i configurated everything.

montpics

I play all these games on console, they work ok. I tryed another game-nothing happened! i've removed my cd from cd-rom and started again, the screen is black everything is just the same...looks like problem is not in CD,the problem is in emulator but i configurated everything.
Perhaps you are right on that. Better try on other emulators instead. ;)

Unfortunately I don't have that game which I would like to try it out myself. :(

doneb

hello,

i was using epsxe v1.6.0 and have xp as my os with a 512ram.
now the problem is this, i get a white background in one of the battles.
see screenshot

im not really good at looking for solutions, so please help.
please tell me if you need more info.

btw, im playing wild arms

Last edited:

blackdeth

Those emulators lag really well! I tryed many emulators i think about 5 some of them didn't start at all. Other started but didn't play the game. I've found another emulator (not epsxe) it don't need any plugins so everythign is easy but sometimes voice dissapper.

P.S. Are there any control plugins where you can use mouse instead of buttons if you want your sharacter look up you just move your mouse up.
Things should be simple.

montpics

Unless you PC specs is pretty low that may lead to that kind of problem.

Any try with those plugins below :
GPU : P.E.Op.S GPU plugin
SPU : Eternal SPU plugin
CDR : SaPu CD plugin

While you are asking about pad plugin that may support mouse. I'll suggest you may try Nrage Pad plugin. However that may only work for PCSX or PSXeven.

Last edited:

Rokuke Osuni

Black Mage
Alright I am new And I've been lookin all through here all day to find out what my problem is....I want to play Final Fantasy Nine I have the ISO (I think) and I have done everything this topic has told me to I have the BIOs I have the plugins it told me to get and I have things configgured, I think. but when I go to run it it says error and shuts down can any one help me out send me a PM or somethin? I can take a screen shot if you want. But any help you can give I would appreciate.

ConorMB

I'v downloaded nearly every Sound file on that link...but when I go to config it only has the one that came with ePSXe listed...PLEASE help

ConorMB

I'v downloaded nearly every Sound file on that link...but when I go to config it only has the one that came with ePSXe listed...PLEASE help

I got a working sound file, but when I put FF9 in it makes it to the first cut scene, I see the writers name and it gets REALLY choppy. Anyway to get around this?

mhl12

if the scenes are really choppy most like it's a graphics plugin problem. Configure it on the fastest settings and try again.

azpoo

when i use this 'pete's openGl' file to run ePSXe its telling me that there is 'no wgl extensions'............. what does tha mean? sorry completely new to this :)

montpics

when i use this 'pete's openGl' file to run ePSXe its telling me that there is 'no wgl extensions'............. what does tha mean? sorry completely new to this :)
It simply indicates that your display card don't have WGL support. Try to switch with P.E.Op.S GPU plugin or Pete's D3D GPU plugin instead.

Count_Shagrath

I got the Epsxe emulator i loaded a game in the cd rom, but some of the menus in the game flicker, change strange colors, our are missing. also there is NO SOUND IN THE CUT SCENES!!WHAT IS GOING ON? Also, how do i run ISO's. Do i just down load ALL the files for that one game? then what do i do? Please help

Naz

aye amigos how do I use a .PBP file with ePSXe emulator,or how do I convert it so it does work.