ms dos agian

Guitar Gamer

Just to confirm it - on my PC that last link IS functional. I don't see any reason for it not working. *thumbs up* :)

EDIT: It appears the file is just very small and it only looks as though it doesn't download because it finishes in a split second. Correct me if I'm wrong Jet Set Willy. Thanks.

shadowwoelf

yes i was very small but that is not the problem the problem was that when i extracted it then run it it gave me nothing

J

Jet Set Willy

Of course it did nothing when you ran it on its own.

Read. The. Instructions. Above.

shadowwoelf

i dont understand this is y i am thinking i am never going to run constructor dam it dont the have a win friendly version?????????? and how tell me in plain english waht to do

shadowwoelf

Originally posted by Jet Set Willy@Aug 4 2004, 05:31 PM
-Extract them and go to the \53a subfolder it created and copy the univbe.drv file from there to the game's /settings subfolder
this is the part i dont understand at all

onewecallgod

it means that after extracting the data, enter the "53a" folder (from the extracted data) and copy the "univbe.drv" file to the game's "settings" folder

ShadowWarrior

shadowwoelf - you're right, MS DOS isn't user friendly... Well, of course unless you know how to use it... 8]

Actually, I have XP Home and for most of the pre-1998 games that need DOS to run on, I use VDM Sound instead of DOSBox. VDM Sound is a sound emulator for older DOS games. However, I have discovered that it can run older DOS games that don't normally work in XP/2000, strangely.

You can download VDM Sound here: http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/

What you have to do, is a lot simpler than DOSBox. Download, install it, and go to your game's folder in Windows Explorer. Right Click on the game's executable (this can also be a BAT file) and Left Click on "Run With VDMS".

vdmsoundhelp.jpg

PLEASE NOTE, that not all DOS games work with VDM Sound. DOSBox is still the best way to go for most machine setups, but I suggest you try VDM Sound first.

J

Jet Set Willy

You've just confused the matter even further now, ShadowWarrior. Go read the rest of this thread - I've already linked VDMSound, and pointed out the extra instructions you need to get Constructor to work even with that program.

shadowwoelf

i already tired vdm sound it doesnt work and the thing i am confues about is what/53a folder does it make and what am i supposed to run it with i need like step by step instructions for this

J

Jet Set Willy

Yes. I know. I've tried. I'm can't write it any clearer than above. It's very simple. There's a folder called 53a. Go there. That's what "go to the 53a subfolder" means.

ShadowWarrior

Jet Set Willy - Sorry about that... I missed that part in the middle of your quote... Would you mind if I ask Shadowwoelf to go to CDOS and ask the Help Centre Moderator there for help?

If so, Shadowwoelf, visit www.cdos.org and go to the Help Centre link at the top of the page and ask your question. We can give you step by step instructions with screenshots of how to do it. 8]

shadowwoelf

i will trry that link out shortly but jet set willy i serched my whole comp. for the "53a" folder i found nothing,nada,zilgch that was were i got confused