Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ms dos agian

hehehe i already mounted everything and did everything u said already but it still doesnt seem to work and i am going to try out the program right now

ok i tryed the program yet it doesnt seem to work it runs then it goes blank anyone got any game that i can trty out to see if it is the game that is messed up and does anyone play constructor here and knows that it works on the emulators

Take your pick They're all DOS games you can try for trials but alot are freeware. Have fun.

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/list/
    Owner | Manager | Northern Hybrid Studios

"My pain is sharp and constant. And I do not wish a better world for anyone. In fact - I wish to see my pain inflicted upon them."

man I played Alone in the Dark 2 using dosbox... it runs really good

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by shadowwoelf@Aug 4 2004, 03:53 AM
    ok i tryed the program yet it doesnt seem to work it runs then it goes blank anyone got any game that i can trty out to see if it is the game that is messed up and does anyone play constructor here and knows that it works on the emulators
    Ah, Constructor.

Downloaded from The Underdogs, right? I got that to work... eventually. It's too slow in DOSBox, and won't work well with VDMSound on its own. The answer lies on this page:

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1221

Good luck.

actually i didnt download form the underdogs i actually bought the cd but no normal cd the cd had alone in the dark too and other various games on it

Jet Set Willy

Well, that link ought to help you anyway.

that document didnt really help me out all i found waas the link to the underdogs and i will try it out by the way what did u do to get yoursto work

ok how do i get anything from the underdogs i cant seem to find the dosnload button

Jet Set Willy

I did what that page said. Try reading it properly, particularly this part:

Constructor -DOS version (in winxp)

1. Download the univbe modified drivers from here: http://home.student.utwente.nl/r.muller...index.html (in the video problems section).

-Extract them and go to the \53a subfolder it created and copy the univbe.drv file from there to the game's /settings subfolder

2. Download the "VESA 2.0 patch for Windows NT/2000/XP (09/21/ 2002)" (nolfb.zip) from here: http://www.advsys.net/ken/build.htm

-Extract and place the files into the game's main folder.

3. You can either use notepad to create a start.bat file like this:

nolfb.com
    game.exe

And then use VDMSound on setsound.bat (to configure the sound) and then use the Launcher's default VDMS config. on start.bat to play.

OR

Use VDMSound on setsound.bat (to configure the sound) and then on game.exe to play (but use the Launcher's "custom configuration" setup option to add this line:

C:\full path to\NOLFB.COM

[Note: If you do it this way, you have to use the full path even if nolfb.com is in the same directory as the game. Also, using the VDMS "autoexec.bat" box has a tendency (on my machine anyways) to crash Explorer if you are DblClicking on a VDMS shortcut.]

...into the "advanced" "dos environment" "autoexec.bat" box.

4. If you receive an error about "networking" and/or experience a frozen mouse...

Open c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt with notepad and change:

lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

to this:

REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

and then save.

[If you are actually using DOS networking for anything you will need to turn it back on later and this may or may not disable multiplayer in the game. VDMS's "enable low level networking" may also come into play (one way or the other) but I didn't think about that 'til now, so I don't know.]

-If I didn't forget anything the game should work fine.

Good Luck!
    I don't think downloading the version from The Underdogs is going to help you much. Nothing is fixed in that version - in fact, a lot of non-essentials are removed from the game.

Thread Information