8800 how to kill the pretty look

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I'm just going to share this in case any out there want the same.. Personally I cant stand that web page look, and I never can find what I need.

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?t=122235

in case of a dead link..
Ok, if your like me you like the old school small easy to use Classic View (the ones that didn't look like webpage looking mess) we had forever with the Nvidia Control Panel, however the new 8800 Driver Set no longer gives you the option to switch back to Classic View. I say screw that!!!

So I did some research and found out how to change to classic view, by doing so CoolBits works with it again as well!!!

So here's what you need to do copy what I type below here between the lines only!!! Then paste this reg info into notepad, close notepad and name the file (without quotes) "Sedona.reg" DO NOT leave the .txt part on the end (file type). So copy and paste this in Notepad, name the file "Sedona.reg" then just double click the file and it will look just like any reg edit file (icon), next it will ask you i you want to add this to the registry, do so. It will uninstall when you uninstall the drivers, ok. No worries there. I was so HAPPY to see it back to Normal, oh one last thing, you have to bring up the NV CP, and click on VIEW then there will be an option in there to switch to CLASSIC VIEW!!! ok, Got it?? Below is what you copy and paste in note pad, be sure to name it as I said, and don't forget to delete the .txt on the end.

Also don't copy the lines, DUH!!!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Coolbits file
; Copyright (c) NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"SedonaDisable"=dword:00000002

Simple and it WORKS!!! You will have to open your NV CP, then go to the VIEW tab, and click switch to classic view, then close it, and reopen, and that's it!!! CLASSIC VIEW!!