Wii

RiderLeangle

Bit of a weird question, But would emulation even be possible at all? Its not as much the console that serves the problem but the controller. So is anyone even going to try?

spotanjo3

No, you gotta wait for Wii emulator to occurs in 5 years from now then few commercial games will running in 10 years after this. Again, you will need a powerful computer, much powerful than core 2 duo so why bother ? It's not going to happening for total of 15 years from now, ok ? :)

spotanjo3

So even if there was a Wii Emulator possible, You'd still need the WiiMote and a computer with Bluetooth just to use it?

It's possibly but it wont happen for about 10-15 years and you will need powerful computer... maybe 5 ghz and much more powerful video card in the future to run few commercials one day but for now it is silly to talk about it which didn't exist yet. :p

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
10-15 seems a bit long to me. Maybe 5-7 years until an emulator can do something useful like launch a game similarly to the current PS2/Xbox emulators??? 10-15 and we'll possible see a near perfectly polished and fully working(ish) Wii emulator.

But as always maybe next year or maybe never

~!!WhoCares!!~

Rumor Starter...
10-15 seems a bit long to me. Maybe 5-7 years until an emulator can do something useful like launch a game similarly to the current PS2/Xbox emulators??? 10-15 and we'll possible see a near perfectly polished and fully working(ish) Wii emulator.

But as always maybe next year or maybe never

You have a point, but I also belive its going to take a lot of years to fully emulate a wii. Like RockmanForte said its going to take at least 10-15 years. Its not going to be 5-7 years becuase there isn't any emulator out there that perfectly emulates the PS2,GC,XBOX. which means its going to be a long time to get a wii emulstor. Also it can be 20 years from now to emulate the wii because we need stronger computers to hold game roms, which take up alot of space.

alexxi

back from hell
this might be a stupid questionm, but.....are there emulators for the wii(nes, snes, sega...)? For people who want to download them, burn them to a cd and play, instead of buying it from the Virtual console.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
this might be a stupid questionm, but.....are there emulators for the wii(nes, snes, sega...)? For people who want to download them, burn them to a cd and play, instead of buying it from the Virtual console.

Yes. I believe most homebrew, emulators etc.. that was created for the gamecube can run on a wii in "gamecube mode".

Wikipedia has an article about wii homebrew here.

Last edited:

Jale

I saw a documental saying the world is developing at an exponential rate. For example, let's say a GameCube emulator is fully playable 15 years after it was first released. It's possible to have a fully working Wii emulator in less than that time.

~!!WhoCares!!~

Rumor Starter...
I saw a documental saying the world is developing at an exponential rate. For example, let's say a GameCube emulator is fully playable 15 years after it was first released. It's possible to have a fully working Wii emulator in less than that time.

That does sound very possible. But first someone has to make a fully playable GC emulator. which seems to be very close. I wonder when one really comes out so I can play some GC games I never got around to. :D

Jale

It isn't fake, but the only inconvenient is the lag, because the motion has to go through a pile of processes and plugins.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think the figures of 10-15 are realistic alnong the high level emulation paradigm. If computer technology advances faster, then yes 7 years could be possible. I dont know if HLE is the way to go here. We all rememebr the ultraHLE event, now that was unexpected. I think we may see a new tread in emulation, thus granting us the ability to emulate such hardware. I'm sure we will see a GC emulator before WII, but like others said it wont be the game pad that holds it up.