Data could not be read

E-Ze

hey all,

I was trying to emulate Zelda phantom Hourglass with No$gba, but I'm getting the error: 'Data could not be read, Turn the power off and reinsert the game card', which seems like a very basic error.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get it to work?
I've done some googling and read about the arm7/sim city patch, but it didn't help.

I tried 3 different rom version, all without success.

Thanks in advance!

spotanjo3

Already answer same over and over. Look at the sticky thread again in Nintend Emulation & game for your problem. :)

E-Ze

Thanks for replying yet again :)
I had read the sticky, but didn't quiet understand it. Anyways, I have the files now, and I got it to work.

However, playback is very very jerky, both sound and video, (especially during cutscenes) I think I tried all settings.. Any ideas?

Also, it's in French, and i thought I read that the rom was multilanguage, can I change the language in that case?

Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to guide me :thumb_up:

Last edited:

spotanjo3

What game that is very jerkyand etc ?

You download illegal firmware that was dumped in french. There is nothing you can do about it to change to english and save but you can change it to english and when you exit it and play it again then it will be back to french and you will have to change it again and it wont save that way... one day he will add it who know.

You are welcome. ;)

E-Ze

I'm trying to play Zelda phantom hourglass (USA, by group CNBS)
How can I temporary change it to english then?

It's too slow to play atm anyways.. I get about 15-25%. My pc can play games like FEAR, Half-Life2 and Battlefield2, so I don't think it's my system that is too slow..
Any tips or tweaks, or maybe a faster emulator?
Anyone else playing this game on PC?

-E-Ze

spotanjo3

I'm trying to play Zelda phantom hourglass (USA, by group CNBS)
How can I temporary change it to english then?

It's too slow to play atm anyways.. I get about 15-25%. My pc can play games like FEAR, Half-Life2 and Battlefield2, so I don't think it's my system that is too slow..
Any tips or tweaks, or maybe a faster emulator?
Anyone else playing this game on PC?

-E-Ze

The emulator is still in development so you will have to be patient or change the emulation speed in no$gba options to 10% or 50%.

Change it to english ? Then you are using the illegal firmware and we cannot help you with that. Dump your own english firmware or find the english firmware somewhere in the google. :)

I do playing this game and I got the same speed as yours so speed will improvement in the future but for now you should thanksful that this game is playing... For now! :D

E-Ze

Ok thanks, I will wait for a better speed in future, it's no fun playing it like this (imo)

Thanks for the help

spotanjo3

I can handle it. The speed is not bad for my computer.. I just change to 50% for smooth and it help a little bit so I can play it. You are welcome.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
i have the same problem: date could not be read..
how can i fix it?

please help me :)

if encrypting doesn't make any sense to you read the other posts.......

ill tell you anyways. what you gotta do is decompress rom in no$gba folder with ndstool (look it up online and download it.)and use ndstool.... or better said

For example:

My directory would be:
C:\no$gba

Make sure to put ndstool in no$gba folder....

Now, go to CMD as Rocky says and now:

type Cd.. Enter then Cd.. Enter

Type Cd no$gba

type ndstool -se yourgame.nds and press enter and it will encrypted your nds roms

=====
= OR =
=====

Go to no$gba's options and disabled the gbabios there and it will run decrypted roms so you will not need ndstool. It's up to you. Let me know how you are doing, ok ?

thanks rockmanforte!:happy: