somthing new, may be worth watching..

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
http://shop.raphnet.net/products/gc_n64_usb/index.php?category=Kits

check out the n64/gc and th vintage adapter..

its all open source and a damn good price. If you have the skills you can save 60% and get the pre-programed chip.. Now thats a steel...

Product Description:
Nintendo 64 and Gamecube controllers are excellent controllers which are quite appropriate for many PC games. With this circuit, you can easily modify a controller or build a cable which can connect a Gamecube or Nintendo 64 controller to a PC equipped with an USB port.

The firmware auto-detects which type of controller (Gc or N64) is connected. On the PC side, no custom drivers are needed. It works fine with Windows and Linux built-in drivers, and most likely with MacOS X too. It should also work with other operating systems supporting USB and HID joysticks.

This is an open source project. So if you'd like to build it yourself, all the information you need is on my Gamecube/N64 to USB project page.

Last edited:

Zach

The N64 component is nice, if people still like to use them. But if you're looking for Gamecube/Xbox/Ps1/2 walmart has an adaptor for $10.

I still think that's a bit expensive, especially since soldering seems to be involved from what I can see on those descriptions.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well its actually 3$ if you buy the parts and programed the chip. Or 6 bucks if you buy the parts and use his pre-programmed chip. Plus this project does a lot more then just GC/n64 there is more to it on the page. Like 4 snes or nes with one adapter. And you could make an adapter to handle many types of gamepads. But I guess you have to be the type that is in to that stuff.

Are you saying walmart carries a converter for pc? This ill have to check out, thx.

update: Well not here, not even so much as a converter of any kind? but I did see from a google search a "GameMon USB" but I dont see where to buy it online.

Last edited: