Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

  1. #1

    Default Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

    I have a .sgm file for pokemon fire red, because when i try to save a .sav file (in the game) it says that some chip is missing and can't save. Only problem is, when i beat the Elite 4, it restarts (it's suppose to) but it can't then load my data because it's not a .sav file so i can't finish the game!!

    Can i somehow convert the .sgm file to another readable save file, or is there another way to fix my problem?? Any help would be very useful

  2. #2
    Off The Scale azoreseuropa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

    Huh ? No way. The .sgm is not really .sav because .sgm is actually Save States so what you did is wrong. It is no way to convert .sgm to another save file since it is really save states, not Saved Data Files as .sav. Understand ? Don't even try that!
    MacBook Pro 13" with a Retina October 2014 (Purchased on March 28, 2015) - macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

    iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.1.1


    EMU: SDL MAME - SNES9X - FCEUX - Gens32 - No$gba - DeSmuME - ePSXe - SSF - NeoPop - OSwan - Mupen64Plus - PCSX2 - Dolphin

  3. #3
    Regular Member Ryanfaescotland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Age
    35
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

    Yeah what he said, the data stored in each is completely different so changing between the two isn't possible.

    Only thing I can think to do is load the savestate and go to an in game save spot if you still can then do what ever you have to do. If your save state is already in the match then I think your screwed unless it's not game over if you get beat.
    Do you ever think you might be taking things just a little bit too seriously?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

    Yeah, i didn't think so.....
    Well, the state i'm at in the game i am actually physically able to save the game normally (by pressing start > save...etc) but when i do it says i'm missing some chip and it can't save, that's why i've been using .sgm to save my progress....
    Is there something i can do to fix the save problem, or do you think it's just a faulty ROM...??

  5. #5
    Off The Scale azoreseuropa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

    Quote Originally Posted by r3b3l_XiM View Post
    do you think it's just a faulty ROM...??
    Unless you have a bad dump and if you re-download a new one and still have the same problem then it's you or your emulator is something that isn't correct.
    MacBook Pro 13" with a Retina October 2014 (Purchased on March 28, 2015) - macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

    iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.1.1


    EMU: SDL MAME - SNES9X - FCEUX - Gens32 - No$gba - DeSmuME - ePSXe - SSF - NeoPop - OSwan - Mupen64Plus - PCSX2 - Dolphin

  6. #6

    Default Re: Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

    I've got a different ROM, and i'll try it later on. If that doesn't work, then it's the emulator. I'm not stupid, i know what i'm doing =P But I'm using VBA at the moment, and it has played up with pokemon before. For instance, Pokemon Ruby and Saphire wouldn't work on it at all...!
    If i find out that it is the dump, how woud i fix that??

  7. #7
    Off The Scale azoreseuropa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

    Quote Originally Posted by r3b3l_XiM View Post
    I've got a different ROM, and i'll try it later on. If that doesn't work, then it's the emulator. I'm not stupid, i know what i'm doing =P But I'm using VBA at the moment, and it has played up with pokemon before. For instance, Pokemon Ruby and Saphire wouldn't work on it at all...!
    If i find out that it is the dump, how woud i fix that??
    I didn't say you are stupid. I never say to anybody in my life, indeed. No, it have nothing to do with emulator at all.. Nope. I have been used emulators for over 5 years.

    Try no$gba. I will test to see if they are running just fine on both no$gba and vba tomorrow. See ya!
    MacBook Pro 13" with a Retina October 2014 (Purchased on March 28, 2015) - macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

    iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.1.1


    EMU: SDL MAME - SNES9X - FCEUX - Gens32 - No$gba - DeSmuME - ePSXe - SSF - NeoPop - OSwan - Mupen64Plus - PCSX2 - Dolphin

  8. #8

    Default Re: Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

    It's alright man, i was just jokin
    I have tried in no$gba, and it does work. Only problem is that my save data for Pokemon Fire Red is in a .sgm file, and no$gba doesn't read that kind of file.....
    Is there anything I can do, to either make VBA work or use the .sgm in no$gba??

  9. #9
    The New Kid
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

    Quote Originally Posted by r3b3l_XiM View Post
    It's alright man, i was just jokin
    I have tried in no$gba, and it does work. Only problem is that my save data for Pokemon Fire Red is in a .sgm file, and no$gba doesn't read that kind of file.....
    Is there anything I can do, to either make VBA work or use the .sgm in no$gba??
    io! Did u resolve the problem?
    i have beaten everyone on proleague and have all three legendary pokemon (Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos) and ir really, really, REALLY don't want to start over again with everythyng.. didn't realize before starting that i had to save in 128 and all my SGMs files won't work after the game restarts once i finish the league.

    Please, tell me you could solve it bro.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck1t0 View Post
    io! Did u resolve the problem?
    i have beaten everyone on proleague and have all three legendary pokemon (Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos) and ir really, really, REALLY don't want to start over again with everythyng.. didn't realize before starting that i had to save in 128 and all my SGMs files won't work after the game restarts once i finish the league.

    Please, tell me you could solve it bro.

    Last Activity
    July 14th, 2008 13:55

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •