Can you convert .sgm to another save file??

r3b3l_XiM

I have a .sgm file for pokemon fire red, because when i try to save a .sav file (in the game) it says that some chip is missing and can't save. Only problem is, when i beat the Elite 4, it restarts (it's suppose to) but it can't then load my data because it's not a .sav file so i can't finish the game!! :(

Can i somehow convert the .sgm file to another readable save file, or is there another way to fix my problem?? Any help would be very useful :)

spotanjo3

Huh ? No way. The .sgm is not really .sav because .sgm is actually Save States so what you did is wrong. It is no way to convert .sgm to another save file since it is really save states, not Saved Data Files as .sav. Understand ? ;) Don't even try that! :)

Ryanfaescotland

Yeah what he said, the data stored in each is completely different so changing between the two isn't possible.

Only thing I can think to do is load the savestate and go to an in game save spot if you still can then do what ever you have to do. If your save state is already in the match then I think your screwed unless it's not game over if you get beat.

r3b3l_XiM

Yeah, i didn't think so.....
Well, the state i'm at in the game i am actually physically able to save the game normally (by pressing start > save...etc) but when i do it says i'm missing some chip and it can't save, that's why i've been using .sgm to save my progress....
Is there something i can do to fix the save problem, or do you think it's just a faulty ROM...??

r3b3l_XiM

I've got a different ROM, and i'll try it later on. If that doesn't work, then it's the emulator. I'm not stupid, i know what i'm doing =P But I'm using VBA at the moment, and it has played up with pokemon before. For instance, Pokemon Ruby and Saphire wouldn't work on it at all...!
If i find out that it is the dump, how woud i fix that??

spotanjo3

I've got a different ROM, and i'll try it later on. If that doesn't work, then it's the emulator. I'm not stupid, i know what i'm doing =P But I'm using VBA at the moment, and it has played up with pokemon before. For instance, Pokemon Ruby and Saphire wouldn't work on it at all...!
If i find out that it is the dump, how woud i fix that??

I didn't say you are stupid. I never say to anybody in my life, indeed. No, it have nothing to do with emulator at all.. Nope. I have been used emulators for over 5 years.

Try no$gba. I will test to see if they are running just fine on both no$gba and vba tomorrow. See ya!

r3b3l_XiM

It's alright man, i was just jokin
I have tried in no$gba, and it does work. Only problem is that my save data for Pokemon Fire Red is in a .sgm file, and no$gba doesn't read that kind of file.....
Is there anything I can do, to either make VBA work or use the .sgm in no$gba??

Duck1t0

It's alright man, i was just jokin
I have tried in no$gba, and it does work. Only problem is that my save data for Pokemon Fire Red is in a .sgm file, and no$gba doesn't read that kind of file.....
Is there anything I can do, to either make VBA work or use the .sgm in no$gba??

io! Did u resolve the problem?
i have beaten everyone on proleague and have all three legendary pokemon (Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos) and ir really, really, REALLY don't want to start over again with everythyng.. didn't realize before starting that i had to save in 128 and all my SGMs files won't work after the game restarts once i finish the league.

Please, tell me you could solve it bro.