• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

no$gba 2.5 released!

spotanjo3

- help: updated gbatek standalone version 2.5 (about one hundred news since 2.3)
- vram viewer: supports extended palettes in bg map windows (eg. magnetica demo)
- nds/help: added ds 3d overview chapter (basics on geometry/rendering engines)
- nds/help: added ds technical data chapter (containing some basic overview)
- nds/help: replaced ds various chapter by new ds memory control/timing chapter
- nds/sound: fixed major unreported bug in 80x86 code sound_bias SWI function
- nds/3d/help: corrected shininess formula (ie. fixed that max cos 2 angle mess)
- nds/3d/help: added caution: specular reflection WON'T WORK on camera rotation
- nds/3d/help: maths basics of vector-by-vector multiply (and purposes thereof)
- nds/3d/softlight: allows light+color nonsense double def (eg castlevania clip)
- nds/3d/softlight: much better light-accuracy, and now supports shininess_table
- nds/3d/softlight: lighting fully calculated by software (without opengl light)
- nds/timing: split timings for nds7 (fast access) and trashy nds9 (slow access)
- nds/timing: split addr_clks_table to CODE/DATA addr_clkc_table/addr_clkd_table
- nds/timing: emulates "half" cycles on 66MHz/nds9 (tcm/cache and n32/2 thumb)
- nds/timing: emulates nds7 exmemstat gba-slot timing bits (like nds9 exmemcnt)
- nds/timing/help: added detailed/tested nds7/nds9 code/data memory-timing chart
- nds/timing/cache: allows more CPU load on bios/mainram when cache is enabled
- nds/timing: emulates shared N32 access time for two NDS9 thumb 16bit opcodes
- cpu/speedup: precalculates opcode-timings on interseg-jumps (usually faster)
- cpu/speedup: faster conditional opcode handling (maybe yet another 3% faster)
- cpu/speedup: thumb: uses 16bit reads (3% faster on non-32bit-aligned addr's)
- cpu/speedup: replaced dumb jmp exec_opcode by exec_opcode_mac (ca. 10% faster)
- cpu/speedup: added more code alignments in cpu-core (not significantly faster)
- nds/help: added note that 66MHz-nds9 actually runs MUCH SLOWER than 33MHz-nds7
- nds/cpu: emulates superslow nds9 memory access time (bios,wram,vram,oam,etc)
- nds/cpu: emulates operand-independend ARM9 multiply time (eg. slow thumb time)
- nds/wram: emulates wramcnt mapping (no idea if it's used by any games though)
- nds/3d: adjusted z-rounding (avoid opengl-clip-plane in club house games demo)
- cpu: emulates cp15-trace-id, debug: disass auto-comments on trace-id and bist
- nds/help: fixed key1 [scratch] writeback lsw/msw are exchanged (thanks simon)
- nds/help: cp15 info on trace-id, bist, cache debug/test, supported cache cmds
- cheat: fixed occassional crash on delete cheat (push/pop) (thanks Hiei Youkai)
- thanks: rockmanrotties for submarine (timing) and clubhouse (clip) bugreports

Site @ http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

spotanjo3

Yeah because it is much improvement than 2.4f. You will have to wait for the next version or so.

Improvement:

SD Gundam G Generation DS work fine now.

Sprung is absolutely perfect now.

Wario - Master of Disguise is perfect now. (loading as well)

So that's a good sign because those doesn't works very well in 2.4f but now they are perfectly in 2.5. Give this emulator more time. It will get better. ;)

spotanjo3

Naruto RPG 2 - Chidori vs Rasengan - Fully playable now!

The fourth weapon that Naruto selected was frozen and unplayable in 2.4f and now it's running fine and speed is nice!!!!!!!!!

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow are now PLAYABLE!!!!! The speed is slow, thought. They were not playable at all from 2.4f and older and now they are finally playable! I can't wait for the speed to improvement because castlevania series are my favorite games.

Final Fantasy - Chocobo Tales - Fully playable. When you met the giant white bird that freed from the paper was frozen in 2.4F and older but in 2.5 version it's working fine now and playable! The speed is nice too! :D

Yeah, if you turn the sound off then speed is nice but you will have turn it back on if microphone is need. I turn it off when micrphone is not need to continue my quest on a nice speed. :p

Megaman Battle Network 5 DS no longer flickering for INTRO. The intro was flickering in 2.4f and older version. Wow, 2.5 is really improvement lots. Congratulation, no$gba developer. See you the next version! :D

No more test for me. Have fun on your own. I m testing them and put on my notepad's list for next version to see the differences. That's what I always do. :p

Last edited:

Jale

RockmanForte said:
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow are now PLAYABLE!!!!! The speed is slow, thought. They were not playable at all from 2.4f and older and now they are finally playable! I can't wait for the speed to improvement because castlevania series are my favorite games.
That's what I was waiting for!!! :D

Alright, now we'll have to wait until code optimization...

Gotta wait for a better code optimization because it's ridiculously slow (7X slower than original speed), but I must admit the development team has done an awesome job in compatibility. Almost everything looks perfect in Castlevania.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Alright, gotta wait for a better code optimization because it's ridiculously slow (7X slower than original speed), but I must admit the development team has done an awesome job in compatibility. Almost everything looks perfect in Castlevania.

Yeah and next time try to edit. I think double posts is not allowed. I could be wrong. heh! ;)

Jale

The text window behind "Throw bones". There's a nice red and blue gradient. On NO$GBA it's fully clear or non-existant, just the borders.

cvdosan0.jpg

Pic taken from a real NDS.

spotanjo3

The text window behind "Throw bones". There's a nice red and blue gradient. On NO$GBA it's fully clear or non-existant, just the borders.

cvdosan0.jpg

Pic taken from a real NDS.

Oh yeah... Thanks for the screenshot. Maybe you should read the changelog... If transparency fixed is not there then you will have to wait in the near future. :)

spotanjo3

Oh yeah... Sorry about that because I don't play this game and never liked it so I didnt know about the abbrv in it. :p

Thanks, thought! :D