Working Nintendo Gamecube Emulator!!!

Korkmaz

Are there any GC emulator that REALLY WORKS on my pc ? :msn_confu

512mb rdram
Nvidia Geforce 6600 gt 256mb
Pentium 4 2.8GHz

I want to play all the Resident Evil games :D

spotanjo3

You can't run this resident evil games because it is only in the title screen then stop. Your computer is a crap. Buy core 2 duo or dualcore:

- This version requires a 64bit operating system (either Windows XP64 or Vista64)
- SO IT WILL NOT WORK ON A 32BIT OS (GOT THAT?)
- The graphics/audio plugins haven't been upgraded.
- Due core changes some games might run better, some might run worse or not at all
- Speed is now CPU dependant, dualcore is obviously helps a lot.

Sorry. :)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Thats a bit unfair and misleading as even with a balls out Core2Duo the state of GC emulation is still very poor.

In a nutshell, the only way to play GameCube Resident Evil at the moment is on a GameCube.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
So there is none that works for real ?
- :confused:

Think of emulation as needing four computers. One to preform the emulation, one to handle the various calls (sound, video, input), one to actually run the game, and one to run the OS.

So lets say your clock speed of the console is 485 MHz
Your system requires 20% for the OS (about the same as 485 MHz)
and to do the emulation another 50% is needed. (1024 MHz)
and the carouse calls another 25% (500 mz or so..)

your system is a 2 gig (2048) cpu You are missing 25%.. so your frame rate will suffer since you need to tap in to virtual ram.. Resulting in about 5 frames a second..

Same scenario above with a 4 gig cpu would be 15% missing and maybe 10 frames a second.. So to get 30 you would need an 8 gig cpu...

If emulation was that easy the industry would have no console apps as every one would prate them....

Last edited:

Youngy 360

PSX 4 LIFE :)
i ripped Super Smash Brothers Melee on my mini-dvd and used the Dolphin latest release, it's slow but it is and intro is Black & White

idk i tried downloading a gamecube emulator but i couldn't get a working Rom

im bad with emulators i can't even get a Nintendo 64 emulator to work right :S

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Can't imagine wanting to emulate a Gamecube. The CD based system already displays at it's best even with S-video adaptors out there to make it ever sharper. I see the older systems, N64 and before or maybe even early PS1, but the gaming industry is getting better at the graphics, so I rather emulate the ones I am using now, though didn't want to at first with the N64, which was my second favorite system, but the SNES and N64 are a lot better improved emulated, so why emulate what is already pushing perfect, though the Gamecube didn't grab my attention as the others before, only liked maybe barely seven games...

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
idk i tried downloading a gamecube emulator but i couldn't get a working Rom

im bad with emulators i can't even get a Nintendo 64 emulator to work right :S
- How could you not emulating n64? pj64 has to be one of the simplest emulators out there. Now it does help to have a decent system, and to read the plugs-in help a bit.

Desert Drifter, .. Going to pick your post apart here a bit...

Can't imagine wanting to emulate a Gamecube.
- Why is that? none of your following sentences give a sufficient reason not to.. Emulation is simply to play or admire console games with the luxury of a computer or secondary console, is it not? So there is always a reason. Now sometimes there is a gain but thats not the reason we emulate them.

The CD based system already displays at it's best even with S-video adaptors out there to make it ever sharper.
- So? Again, thats not the purpose of emulation.

I see the older systems, N64 and before or maybe even early PS1, but the gaming industry is getting better at the graphics, so I rather emulate the ones I am using now,
- Now unless your calling Gamecube old, your contradicting your self. Are you for new or old emulation? The GameQube is considered new in the world of emulation. anything above is considered ludicrous and not even considered emulating yet.

though didn't want to at first with the N64, which was my second favorite system, but the SNES and N64 are a lot better improved emulated,
- Now I totally agree the snes and n64 can be made to look much better on emulation, but again thats hardly the point to emulation?

so why emulate what is already pushing perfect
- because the point to emulating a game console is just as the word emulation suggests.. It is emulating on the computer. that the entire idea of it. There is nothing more self rewarding then spawning A game console emulator to life as the console its self is being actively sold. It truly is unfortunate that every one and there sister has to pirate games and use the emulator to play them for free but such as life.. The emulator that opened all of our eyes before the new millennium (ultra-hle) gave a new meaning to emulation. :bow: Reality Man and Epsilon :bow: Before this emulating a console in public distribution was not ever though of.

now Desert Drifter, dont take this as a rant, I'm just trying to understand what your saying. There is nothing wrong with emulation a console. It doesn't matter if its better, if you only like 7 games, or if it sucks. emulation is just what it is, and IMO all should be emulated. personally, I only play n64 and prior, I too don't bother with the new stuff, but will always except and respect anyone that steps up to the challenge to emulate them..

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
ulaoulao: Want to pick my post apart, eh? Alright, I can take it, so now it's your turn:

- Why is that? none of your following sentences give a sufficient reason not to.. Emulation is simply to play or admire console games with the luxury of a computer or secondary console, is it not? So there is always a reason. Now sometimes there is a gain but that's not the reason we emulate them.

Alright, I didn't state that it shouldn't be emulated, I'm just saying that why emulate what is already perfect, since your going to need a "Spendy" up-to-date / top-of-the-line PC to run the emulator exactly like the Gamecube, plus the Gamecube is backwards compatible with the Wii, so if you buy the new system, you can still play them unlike Nintendo's older systems before. Another thing: Emulation is used to play games from systems that are no longer supported nor exist, making it hard too track down the games, so the reason we emulate, not to just achieve it.

- So? Again, thats not the purpose of emulation.

Yes, your right, but I was just talking about how improved the system can be, which will be hard to perfect exactly on a PC.

- Now unless your calling Gamecube old, your contradicting your self. Are you for new or old emulation? The GameQube is considered new in the world of emulation. anything above is considered ludicrous and not even considered emulating yet.

I didn't say the Gamecube is old, I'm just saying that I rather emulate what is considered "Obsolete", which is the systems before, though Playstation seems also backwards compatible with 1, 2, & 3....

- Now I totally agree the snes and n64 can be made to look much better on emulation, but again thats hardly the point to emulation?

That is the point of emulation, to gain the consol we had back then, which displayed great, but over the years, the older systems became "fuzzy" on newer TVs of these times. Plug in an original SNES and see the difference now and what we saw back then on older technology.

- because the point to emulating a game console is just as the word emulation suggests.. It is emulating on the computer. that the entire idea of it. There is nothing more self rewarding then spawning A game console emulator to life as the console its self is being actively sold. It truly is unfortunate that every one and there sister has to pirate games and use the emulator to play them for free but such as life.. The emulator that opened all of our eyes before the new millennium (ultra-hle) gave a new meaning to emulation. Reality Man and Epsilon Before this emulating a console in public distribution was not ever though of.

Agree with you here, but again: the reason we "pirate" older systems is because we can't find them in stores these days as they were when they were top-of-the-line, but in used places, though the condition they may be in are usually "beat-up" from years of use.

now Desert Drifter, dont take this as a rant, I'm just trying to understand what your saying. There is nothing wrong with emulation a console. It doesn't matter if its better, if you only like 7 games, or if it sucks. emulation is just what it is, and IMO all should be emulated. personally, I only play n64 and prior, I too don't bother with the new stuff, but will always except and respect anyone that steps up to the challenge to emulate them..

Don't have a problem of emulating newer systems, just going to be hard for us "lower-end" pc users. Didn't say I didn't like the system, but just saying I'll pass since there weren't that many games that I liked, though already have a Gamecube still hooked up anyway, and the N64 and SNES in storeage since I can emulate them better on my PC , and just keep out one system, not all three.

I was just stating a point, not "shooting it down". Maybe this will help. ;) Be nice next time pal, though I see your a critical bugger :p Joking of course, nothing wrong with seeking answers.

Edit: Don't take that the wrong way, at least you would tell it to my face and not behind my back, like a lot of others, though not accussing here. Some other communities can be a bunch of back-stabbers or "Know-it" alls and constantly critisize you for voicing your opinion. Everyone of us has their own opinion, probably the reason we all don't get along, but maybe we should realize that...

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Alright, I didn't state that it shouldn't be emulated, I'm just saying that why emulate what is already perfect, since your going to need a "Spendy" up-to-date / top-of-the-line PC to run the emulator exactly like the Gamecube, plus the Gamecube is backwards compatible with the Wii, so if you buy the new system, you can still play them unlike Nintendo's older systems before. Another thing:
- Why emulate what is perfect... Again its the art of emulating it. Let me break this down monosyllabic enough for you to understand it. "It is cool" the point is not to emulate for any specific need, thus the purpose ceases to exist. It is just that fact it can and will be done. So backward or not if some one chooses to emulate it let them? Just don't download it.

Emulation is used to play games from systems that are no longer supported nor exist, making it hard too track down the games, so the reason we emulate, not to just achieve it.
Wrong again. Emulation has no use only a purpose. The fact you find a use for emulation is your own doing. Emulation has one and only one purpose. To emulate. If you find a use for it so be it. If you don't then pass.

Yes, your right, but I was just talking about how improved the system can be, which will be hard to perfect exactly on a PC.
- Ok fair enough, but Emulation does not reach a perfect state so soon. If it didnt start some time it would never reach perfect. You must take in to mind, that this is not an easy task. You dont just sit down and write code... I wont expect you to fully understand what goes in to it, but except that it takes time. So to emulate the gamecube factor in 5 to 7 years. At the that point even you will be grate full it has reached emulation, but it would never have gotten there if it didn't start today, hence the need for it now.

I didn't say the Gamecube is old, I'm just saying that I rather emulate what is considered "Obsolete", which is the systems before, though Playstation seems also backwards compatible with 1, 2, & 3....
- your not emulating it, its not your choice? Just dont download it... It has to start now if it will ever reach perfection.

Also understand if a console is backward compatible this does not automatically get inherented in to emulation.

That is the point of emulation, to gain the consol we had back then, which displayed great, but over the years, the older systems became "fuzzy" on newer TVs of these times. Plug in an original SNES and see the difference now and what we saw back then on older technology.
- This is not the point.. The point again is to emulate it. This anti fuzzy buisness is what we commonly refer to as a benefit. No author of emulate has ever state he or she's intent was to make the product more visually satisfying. As a matter of fact some emulator even build in the old effect to counter the new technologies and make the look more vintage. Why, because the point of emulation is to accurately emulate the original unit not glorify it.

Agree with you here, but again: the reason we "pirate" older systems is because we can't find them in stores these days as they were when they were top-of-the-line, but in used places, though the condition they may be in are usually "beat-up" from years of use.
I'm not justifying or preaching piracy. To each there own, but the new games that are being pirated are killing consoles. Hence the death of Nintendo 64. IMO.. Ill leave this one be...

I was just stating a point, not "shooting it down". Maybe this will help.
This dint help all that much, but at least you took a stab.

Be nice next time pal, though I see your a critical bugger Joking of course, nothing wrong with seeking answers.
Who said I was not being nice? I 'm always nice ;) Yes I'm a bit "critical" Emulation is a passion of mine and I will always defend or question those that make such statements.

Edit: Don't take that the wrong way, at least you would tell it to my face and not behind my back, like a lot of others, though not accussing here. Some other communities can be a bunch of back-stabbers or "Know-it" alls and constantly critisize you for voicing your opinion. Everyone of us has their own opinion, probably the reason we all don't get along, but maybe we should realize that...
- I dont believe I did.. I'm not easily pushed to far off the deep end. Your correct will always state what I believe and Yes Ill be happy to sate that to you with a chance of rebuttal. As I am you are and always will be entitled to your own opinion.

Moral of my post... :: If you don't have a use for it , don't download it. Some one else will. There is always a point, if you don't realize it now, you will later and will be thankful then." :: Happy emulating

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
ulaoulao:

- Why emulate what is perfect... Again its the art of emulating it. Let me break this down monosyllabic enough for you to understand it. "It is cool" the point is not to emulate for any specific need, thus the purpose ceases to exist. It is just that fact it can and will be done. So backward or not if some one chooses to emulate it let them? Just don't download it.

Fine, everyone has their own "agenda" of why they emulate, like everything else...

- wrong again. Emulation has no use only a purpose. The fact you find a use for emulation is your own doing. Emulation has one and only one purpose. To emulate. If you find a use for it so be it. If you don't then pass.

Again, my opinion, doesn't stop anyone from doing what they want, and didn't "attend" of it to. ;)

- Ok fair enough, but Emulation does not reach a perfect state so soon. If it didnt start some time it would never reach perfect. You must take in to mind, that this is not an easy task. You dont just sit down and write code... I wont expect you to fully understand what goes in to it, but except that it takes time. So to emulate the gamecube factor in 5 to 7 years. At the that point even you will be grate full it has reached emulation, but it would never have gotten there if it didn't start today, hence the need for it now.

Couldn't agree more, don't have a problem of it, just choose not to emulate it right now, maybe I'll reconsider ten years from now. :p

- Also understand if a console is backward compatible this does not automatically get inherented in to emulation.

Yes, your right about that, but again, that's my opinion, someone else might think otherwise...

- This is not the point.. The point again is to emulate it. This anti fuzzy buisness is what we commonly refer to as a benefit. No author of emulate has ever state he or she's intent was to make the product more visually satisfying. As a matter of fact some emulator even build in the old effect to counter the new technologies and make the look more vintage. Why, because the point of emulation is to accurately emulate the original unit not glorify it.

Okay, I'll admit it, I contradicted myself twice, as I just read above, here: Let me stick my foot in my mouth, or would you like to choose an option for me... :p I stated that I emulate because it looks better, but really: I emulate for conveince, even though I own them and the actual games, but why have a load of cartages when I can have all of them as files in one folder. ;)

-I'm not justifying or preaching piracy. To each there own, but the new games that are being pirated are killing consoles. Hence the death of Nintendo 64. IMO.. Ill leave this one be...

Well, can't buy it new anymore, so what are we suppose to do? Newer consols, yeah, will put them out of business, but can't make money off of something that is no longer in the market. ;)

-This dint help all that much, but at least you took a stab.

A stab? Heh, took more then that over the years, but don't see me laying on the ground, always get back up for more. :p

-Who said I was not being nice? I 'm always nice Yes I'm a bit "critical" Emulation is a passion of mine and I will always defend or question those that make such statements.

Like I said, I rather you tell me like it is then talk behind my back, maybe you didn't read that part pal, but nothing wrong with voicing an opinion. Emulation may be your passion, mine is the design of the games. I'm a graphic designer by the way, so I rather design it, then play it, though not a prefect programmer yet, maybe we have a different opinion here... ;)

- I dont believe I did.. I'm not easily pushed to far off the deep end. Your correct will always state what I believe and Yes Ill be happy to sate that to you with a chance of rebuttal. As I am you are and always will be entitled to your own opinion.

Moral of my post... :: If you don't have a use for it , don't download it. Some one else will. There is always a point, if you don't realize it now, you will later and will be thankful then." :: Happy emulating

Fine with that, and don't take me the wrong way, but correcting me, well, gets me fired up, so I'm going to stand and fight, more less. :p

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Fine, everyone has their own "agenda" of why they emulate, like everything else...
- agreed.

Again, my opinion, doesn't stop anyone from doing what they want, and didn't "attend" of it to.
You see this is why it's a good thing to use Acronyms or words that denote your intent. For Example:

IMO Emulation is used to play games from systems that are no longer supported nor exist

Otherwise You sound like your stating a fact. So if its your opinion then, fair enough.

but really: I emulate for conveince, even though I own them and the actual games, but why have a load of cartages when I can have all of them as files in one folder.
- I will never challenge you're right to emulate, what you do with your time is your business ;)

A stab? Heh, took more then that over the years, but don't see me laying on the ground, always get back up for more. :p
-Golfers clap- ;) Hey we are both here for the same reason, the love for emulation. So no hard feelings..

Like I said, I rather you tell me like it is then talk behind my back, maybe you didn't read that part pal, but nothing wrong with voicing an opinion. Emulation may be your passion, mine is the design of the games. I'm a graphic designer by the way, so I rather design it, then play it, though not a prefect programmer yet, maybe we have a different opinion here...
- No it was read, sounds like you just didn't understand my meaning. I was more or less agreeing. And yes we are different. I work with GA's all day as a programmer. And to make it worse I'm a part time GA my self. So I'm very over critical with them. Oh they love me ;)...

Fine with that, and don't take me the wrong way, but correcting me, well, gets me fired up, so I'm going to stand and fight, more less. :p
Sorry I didn't really notice much fighting here or a put on of a mean face. Of course its hard to tell with your foot in your mouth in all..

But you have now explained your intent and all sits well.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
-ulaoulao:

You see this is why it's a good thing to use Acronyms or words that denote your intent. For Example:

IMO Emulation is used to play games from systems that are no longer supported nor exist

Otherwise You sound like your stating a fact. So if its your opinion then, fair enough.

Alright, maybe I don't explain myself enough sometimes...

Sorry I didn't really notice much fighting here or a put on of a mean face. Of course its hard to tell with your foot in your mouth in all..

But you have now explained your intent and all sits well.

Well, didn't say it was a fight, just saying I'm a determined man. Other then that, maybe I sound a bit muffled, probably should take my foot out of my mouth, or is it somewhere else? :p

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ya reminds my of the Saturday night live skit with the limbless night...

are we getting too off topic here? Oh and btw, I don't wanna know what you do with your feet or bloody stubs on your own time. That could be a new can of forum worms all together.

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Ya reminds my of the Saturday night live skit with the limbless night...

are we getting too off topic here? Oh and btw, I don't wanna know what you do with your feet or bloody stubs on your own time. That could be a new can of forum worms all together.

Heh, well, let's leave it go for now... Bloody stubs? Nah, got it fixed, foot back on ground, just a minor error of trying to "kick" self upside head. :p

Now, back on subject, though quite dead thanks to us...