CXBX And Halo

RiderLeangle

Can CxBx fully play Halo: Combat Evolved?
If yes, Where can I find an ISO of the XBE of Halo anyways?
Does this work on CxBx in the use of Halo? http://www.xbconnect.com/

And does CxBx play Halo 2 also?

Last edited:

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
Can CxBx fully play Halo: Combat Evolved?
No. Halo only shows the menus with major distortion and no sound!
If yes, Where can I find an ISO of the XBE of Halo anyways?
You can find an ISO on your original game disc. Asking where to download ISOs or any ROMs here is illegal and against the rules.
Does this work on CxBx in the use of Halo? http://www.xbconnect.com/
No.
And does CxBx play Halo 2 also?
No.

This is your second request for pirated material. Ask again, and you will surely be banned from here.

Last edited:

Youngy 360

PSX 4 LIFE :)
I think only the NTSC version worls on CxBx and since i live on europe (PAL), i don't really know what it is like :dry:

RiderLeangle

No. Halo only shows the menus with major distortion and no sound!
Man, I came here for nothing <_<

You can find an ISO on your original game disc. Asking where to download ISOs or any ROMs here is illegal and against the rules.
I don't have the original game disk, Thats why I'm here looking for an Emulator, To play Halo

Then whats the point of that thing!? o_O

So I have no hope of ever playing it

This is your second request for pirated material. Ask again, and you will surely be banned from here.
What use is an Emulator without anything to use it with then!? o_O

Jale

There's already a PC version of Halo.

We only provide emulators. If you want ROMs, look for them by yourself.

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
Man, I came here for nothing <_<
Oh well...

I don't have the original game disk, Thats why I'm here looking for an Emulator, To play Halo
A better solution would be to buy the game because it is illegal to download and own .iso files of games you don't own. If we could freely distribute .iso files of Xbox games here, we'd be in big trouble by Microsoft and they will surely shut this site down. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but that's just the way it is. Halo for Xbox is very cheap these days and doesn't cost much anyway...

Then whats the point of that thing!? o_O
First I'll tell you what's not the point of that thing. It's not meant to replace an Xbox or an original game copy. Emulators are written for fun, not to totally replace the system.

So I have no hope of ever playing it
I wouldn't say that.

If you have nothing to use with it, then go get a copy of Halo and a modded Xbox or a hacked DVD firmware to dump the files. If you can't handle the legalities of using this emulator, then we can't help you. Sorry to say that, but that's just how it works around here and every other emulation site. :(

You also need to realize that emulators don't "magically" work and emulate every game you want it to. Xbox1 is a very complicated machine to emulate (although most users fail to realize it and just assume it should be easy because it's like a PC) therefore requires years of hard work, programming, and system architecture study to actually get it to work. Believe it or not, I'm living proof of this as far as Xbox emulation goes. I'm an active contributor to Cxbx and have been for a long time. I've got some games to load some intro/error screens, but I'm still working out the bugs in these games (problems with NtCreateFile mostly). Here's some samples of my work:

Unreal Championship:
UnrealChampionship_Intro.png

Myst III:
MystIII_Loading.png

MystIII_Error.png

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball:
DOAV.png

Even if it's working, it requires a hell of a system.
Not really, the requirements for Cxbx aren't really that high.

it says on this sites xbox page, its slow and glitchy in places
Are you sure you're not talking about Xeon? That thing runs super fast on my PC. Runs at 72 FPS (normal is 30). It only plays the first level though.

Last edited:

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
Whats the requirements for CXBX? I've google'd and I've wiki'ed and I can't find anything.

I'm not sure exactly, but I do remember reading something like this. It only runs on 32-bit OSes.

Windows 2k, XP, Vista (32-bit OSes only!)
Intel Pentium III (P4 or better recommended).
NVIDIA GeForce 3 64MB or ATI 9xxx+
256MB Ram

Last edited:

RiderLeangle

I'm not sure exactly, but I do remember reading something like this.

Windows 2k, XP, Vista (32-bit OSes only!)
Intel Pentium III (P4 or better recommended).
NVIDIA GeForce 3 64MB or ATI 9xxx+
256MB Ram
Well it can run on Windows 98 SE
http://www.maj.com/gallery/manaleader/Avatar2/myxbox.jpg

Sorry for the off-topic, but you reminded me about this.
What? Would they be like
"LEAVE CXBX ALONE! Its just trying to be a Xbox Emulator for you! What do you want from it!? LEAVE CXBX ALONE!"

XDXDXD

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
No, it doesn't run on Win98 SE....

That's only the GUI. Sure the GUI will work fine, but at runtime it won't work properly. It directly accesses some functions from ntdll.dll that are only available on Win2k or later. If you can run an Xbox game on Win98 that would be a feat!

What? Would they be like
"LEAVE CXBX ALONE! Its just trying to be a Xbox Emulator for you! What do you want from it!? LEAVE CXBX ALONE!"

XDXDXD

You know what, you are so ungrateful! Can you write a better emulator? Like it or not, that is the best Xbox emulator to date. YEARS of hard work went into that emulator, and you call it s@#% because it doesn't play your favourite game!? The one you don't even own?! Now that is f@#%ed up...

Last edited: