U guys, Please help with - Speed Racer for MAME

furrynick

Captain America
I am having a terible time with this damn game. The problem is that i have been stuck in the games test screen and i have not been able to past this test screen and get into game. the thing is that is very deficult thing. The test screen is telling to calibrate the game control, or some crap like that, and i have not been able to do just that. But it also tell's u to turn the test mode off in order to exit the whole thing and go diretcly to game and i have press and try everything and guess what it still nothing. If anyone please know how to get this game to work and pass the damn test mode please feel me in with something thank u

:mad:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
From Mameinfo:

To calibrate the steering, delete the .nv file and start the game. Speed Racer will guide you through the calibration (the "jump button" is the same as player 1 start). Exit MAME and restart the game, it's now calibrated.

So the 'jump button' is the '1' button on your keyboard. Service buttons are F2 and '9'.

Once you have calibrated the steering controls restarting the game should take you straight past the calibration/test menus.

furrynick

Captain America
Well I have follow exactly the direction that u gave me, but still after calibrating the game, it take's me strait to the test window. I can't get past the test window it keeps telling me to turn the switch off to exit the test window. I have been unable to turn the test switch off once I'm in the test window. I deleted the 'NV ram' for speed racer and then I calibrated the game pressing the jump button and then I exit mame and restarted the game but it goes back to the calibration screen and then the test screen. What is it that i'm doing wrong?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Don't know. It worked for me when I tried it. Once you have done the calibration hold down F2 and press '9'. Then hit TAb and select reset game. Thats what I did and it worked fine.

Bear in mind the games emulation is still incomplete though with lots of graphics errors so its not much fun to play at the moment.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
its a rubbish game :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: the setups ridiculous

Seriously mate there's no need.

These forums are for people needing emulation support, and spamming threads with no constructive input for their problem doesn't help.
I know you are fairly new to the forum so might not be familiar with the general ettiquette here, but its seen as fairly bad form to make irrelevant comments in ongoing support threads and also to resurrect really old or resolved threads for no apparent reason.

Lots of mame games require initial calibration because thats what you had to do on the original cab. Everyone has different tastes and different memories of past gaming experiences, for the most part forum users here recognise and respect that people enjoy different types of games without feeling the need to say things like 'its rubbish', all that kind of comment does is provoke arguments and thats not what these forums are about......this isn't IGN.

So by all means post if you can help or point to a solution but otherwise try not to post in support threads just for the sake of it.

Last edited:

furrynick

Captain America
Are there any place in hear or some other page out there that is speciphicly design with information for calibrating games that require this. BC there seems to be allot of games that needs to be calibrated before they let u access the main game. How about setting up the game controller after u calibrate the game. Both of this are hard to do. I have been having problems with just about every game that need's to be calibrated. How about sanfrancisco rush. I have mange to calibrate the game but it took me a while to do it. And I'm still having problems setting up the game controller, with this one. 'speed racer' I'm still having problems with this damn speed racer game. I'm still stuck in the test screen.