3D Fighting Games, Rival Schools, Street Fighter EX

TravDood

Hey everyone,

I am having a problem with MAME when playing 3d fighting games such as Rival Schools and Street Fighter EX. The sound is off and the commands go through slow. Gameplay is sluggish.

Could it be the versions of the roms that I have are bad? Or is it because I am running these things on a laptop not built for gaming that they do not work well? My computer runs N64 roms just fine though.

What version of MAME should I use? Where can I get a good working version of Rival Schools, Project Justice and some of the Street Fighter EX games?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
They are very system intensive in Mame at the moment and if they are running on a middle to low end laptop they will suffer from major framerate issues.

You can try hitting F9 and adjust the frameskip options but without a decent PC you won't see any major improvements.

Also the forums AUP forbids discussion of romsites etc. Cheers.

montpics

spotanjo3

Yeah, you need a decent PC and I run those three... Rival Schools, Street Fighter EX and Strider 2 (USA) ... Not (ASIA)... they runs nice speed. You should use ZinC ( you dont have strider 2 (USA)... you will only have (ASIA) instead but it will be good for your pC. Buy decent PC if you have to. I always replace computer at least 5-6 years. :)