Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Internet Speed?

Havent heard of that. I got 2707kbps down and 889 kbps up. The speed used to be higher than that though. I use Optimum Online from Cablevision.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Gamer
    Holy flaming balls of crap. I'd kill to have me one of those lines. Then again who wouldn't.

Even if the speed degrades at all you're still pumping enough bits to never even notice. The fastest connection I have available to me is satellite - and that's buggy and slow... and stupidly priced. And there's a 3 GB bandwidth limit/month which is way too small for myself.
    Even If we had a connection that quick normal hard drives cant write tha fast can they?

BTW im only on a 512kbs ADSL w 4gb limit but on the 30th Dec im going down to a 256kbs with 10gig limit
    Last edited by HybridShadow; December 25th, 2004 at 16:06.
    HybridShadow.com (Blog, Motorola, Longhorn + More)
    Ignite Studios (Computers, Design, Hosting)

School year: University of Michigan's network; 2978 kbps/5564 kbps (Don't ask - I have no idea why the upload went faster that one test)
    Home: I think it's Comcast cable. 2575 kbps/239 kbps

Wow guys, sure you have a very fast Internet connetion. I just have 256kbps downstream and 128kbps upstream It's the most cheap I could find though...

Red face

better for jappsmash, i only have a 56K modem... can some one help? i have a 56K modem and the connection speed is 31.2Kbs. this is the crappy modem i got after my first 2 internal modems broke down. the fit 2 were more better than this one cuz thier connection speeds are 51.4 Kbs and 48Kbps respectively... please help in troubleshooting

Hehe, I used to have a 48kbps modem too

can any one help?... please

Crazed Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL
    better for jappsmash, i only have a 56K modem... can some one help? i have a 56K modem and the connection speed is 31.2Kbs. this is the crappy modem i got after my first 2 internal modems broke down. the fit 2 were more better than this one cuz thier connection speeds are 51.4 Kbs and 48Kbps respectively... please help in troubleshooting
    not surprised. sometimes old phone lines make it slow, thats what happened in my old town. i could never get over 32kbits/s
    I hate all of you, especially donkeyknob.

Maybe because phone lines are full-duplex.

Jet Set Willy

Quote Originally Posted by JAPPsmash
    Maybe because phone lines are full-duplex.
    Would you not use terms just because you've heard them, please? What do you even think you're saying? He's not hitting the expected bandwidth/s because phone lines are full duplex? Buh? How does that make his phone line different from anybody else's? If the two-way nature of phone lines were the reason, then 56K dialup wouldn't exist at all. Stop. Thinking. You. Know. Anything. Stop. Spreading. Misinformation.

Thread Information