Whats Your Internet Speed?

nesman

Havent heard of that. I got 2707kbps down and 889 kbps up. The speed used to be higher than that though. I use Optimum Online from Cablevision.

HybridShadow

Guitar Gamer said:
:huh: Holy flaming balls of crap. I'd kill to have me one of those lines. Then again who wouldn't.

Even if the speed degrades at all you're still pumping enough bits to never even notice. The fastest connection I have available to me is satellite - and that's buggy and slow... and stupidly priced. And there's a 3 GB bandwidth limit/month which is way too small for myself.

Even If we had a connection that quick normal hard drives cant write tha fast can they?

BTW im only on a 512kbs ADSL w 4gb limit but on the 30th Dec im going down :( to a 256kbs with 10gig limit

Last edited:

TiredBoy

School year: University of Michigan's network; 2978 kbps/5564 kbps (Don't ask - I have no idea why the upload went faster that one test)
Home: I think it's Comcast cable. 2575 kbps/239 kbps

Jale

Wow guys, sure you have a very fast Internet connetion. I just have 256kbps downstream and 128kbps upstream :( It's the most cheap I could find though...

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL

better for jappsmash, i only have a 56K modem... can some one help? i have a 56K modem and the connection speed is 31.2Kbs. this is the crappy modem i got after my first 2 internal modems broke down. the fit 2 were more better than this one cuz thier connection speeds are 51.4 Kbs and 48Kbps respectively... please help in troubleshooting

onewecallgod

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL said:
better for jappsmash, i only have a 56K modem... can some one help? i have a 56K modem and the connection speed is 31.2Kbs. this is the crappy modem i got after my first 2 internal modems broke down. the fit 2 were more better than this one cuz thier connection speeds are 51.4 Kbs and 48Kbps respectively... please help in troubleshooting
not surprised. sometimes old phone lines make it slow, thats what happened in my old town. i could never get over 32kbits/s

J

Jet Set Willy

JAPPsmash said:
Maybe because phone lines are full-duplex.

Would you not use terms just because you've heard them, please? What do you even think you're saying? He's not hitting the expected bandwidth/s because phone lines are full duplex? Buh? How does that make his phone line different from anybody else's? If the two-way nature of phone lines were the reason, then 56K dialup wouldn't exist at all. Stop. Thinking. You. Know. Anything. Stop. Spreading. Misinformation.

Jale

onewecallgod said:
not surprised. sometimes old phone lines make it slow, thats what happened in my old town. i could never get over 32kbits/s
Weird, In my case I could reach 48kbps on my 56kbps modem.

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL

onewecallgod said:

i think that it has a problem with the modem cuz i got the crappy modem a few months after i got the first 2 broken down modems... (i break modems easily cuz i download a lot, hehehe :) ) also, the phone line cant be the problem cuz i replaced it with a new one :happy: can a computer have 2 modems with 2 different internet service provider to combine thier connection speed?