Whats Your Internet Speed?

Zidane

Social Hazzard
I don't know what my speed is but one things for sure, I can download enough songs to fill an Ipod in seconds.

J

Jet Set Willy

So, let's use a 20GB iPod as an example, and take "seconds" to mean 10 seconds:

20/10 = 2GB/s = 2048MB/s = 2097152KB/s = 16777216Kbps

So basically you're claiming to have the fastest Internet connection on Earth. I think you're either telling porky pies, or getting confused about the difference between the Internet and simply downloading files from your hard disk to your iPod via USB (even so... "seconds"?).

Zidane

Social Hazzard
Well overkill is what I do best, but no really they never told ne the spped so I can't reaaly be too positive so i'm gonna say its as fast as I need it to be.
And it generally takes a few minutes to get a song from the net to my hard disk, and it also gennerally depends on the people your downloading from, right?

ShadowWarrior

Max DL/UL speeds in Kb: 349.x/112.x through Shaw Broadband.

Can you imagine I only got this for less than 2 years? Before that, I used 14.7/4.8 through Shaw Narrowband, and even before that (before 11/2002) 4.7/4.7 through Sprint Canada. I mean, I uploaded 100meg files using dial-up, almost every few days!

Don't you think that's disgusting? 8/

Badger

Until broadband got enabled I couldn't connect very fast (could download 4MB an hour). Now I am connected at 576kbps down - 256kbps up, which is the fastest available to me.

El Fugitivo

According to dslreports.com, i'm at 4066 / 7532 right now. Of course, I am on an .edu and only a tenth of the students are here yet. Probably won't be this fast again.

onewecallgod

just got comcast high speed a few days ago and HOLY SHIT it is fast. i downloaded adaware and the download was finished before the download window came up, so thats at least 2.6mb/s down. i'll try dslreports thing later when i have more time

J

Jet Set Willy

Ah, but all modern browsers use a predictive download thing, and start downloading likely files before you even click on their links. It means that your download was probably just downloaded before you thought about downloading it.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Jet Set Willy@Sep 5 2004, 05:59 AM
Ah, but all modern browsers use a predictive download thing, and start downloading likely files before you even click on their links. It means that your download was probably just downloaded before you thought about downloading it.
i see...strange....

so 3000 kilobits is how many kilobytes?

Corey4666

i got a speed of 3303.7kbps
to tell the truth im not so sure if thats a good speed or if its average or bad
whatever :lol:
but i know one thing i think my net speeds pretty fast