Wine - game list

alexxi

back from hell
can any1 post games that work under wine(for linux), if it works at all, and any problems with it.

here's a list of the games/emulators i know that work:

Project 64 1.6--works, with the right plugins

Project 64k--works, with the right plugins

mupen 64 --works, with the right plugins

Epsxe -- works, haven't tried opening any games with it.

Visualboy Advanced(windows version) --version 1.6 or lower works fine, 1.7 or higher versions crashes when trying to open a rom

Warcraft 3 -- fully works, but has problems with X after u exit the game

Legends(windows version) --works, sometimes crashes

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You should use the name Xover or crossover. Most people dont use the term wine. I believe snes9x works, or there is a linux port I forget..

alexxi

back from hell
snes9x does work and there is a linux version. And some games/emulators show this error "X Error of failed request: GLXBadDrawable" , that can be somewhat fixed in wine's configuration, winecfg==> New override for library==> opengl and opengl32==>add.

Also, Wine is for Linux not Windows

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I wish I can help you because I test a lots and it's my hobby but I am not into Linux so I cannot help you with that. I am not crazy about Linux nor Wine at all. The Windows is my favorite and easy to handle. :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I wish I can help you because I test a lots and it's my hobby but I am not into Linux so I cannot help you with that. I am not crazy about Linux nor Wine at all. The Windows is my favorite and easy to handle. :)
- Windows was tailored to the average user and made to be user friendly to no end. It started as a wrapper for DOS. Linux was a OS from the beginning ( UNIX ) Linus decided to make a personal version of this OS (Linux.) It was tailored to take advantage of every aspect of the computer and give you nothing but raw power. Then came X ( a gui but not needed) , and people started using it. One of the biggest down falls for emulators is the stupid pretty look (the built in gui). It takes a lot of CPU usage to run it. If more emulators are built for linux we may see some significant speed increases. But its hard to find linux users thus making for a small community. But just wait if VISTA does what they plan to do you may change your opinion and one day be forest to use linux, or play by Microsoft's rules and be administrated buy them.

Last edited:

alexxi

back from hell
continued...................

Sonic heroes --crashes, nothing more i can say about it.

Tomb raider: anniversary -- I tried the demo, it installs and the game crashes when it tries to run.

Tales of Pirates -- fully works, but there's some missing graphics, the damage u hit can be seen and sometimes you can see right through NPCs/people.

World of Warcraft -- I tried it a few months ago and everything seemed to worked up to the login screen, I never tried to login or create an account.

Mugen Naruto Battle arena -- doesn't work in the version of wine that I'm using,
I tried it in a faster computer with a higher version of wine, and it works but the graphics are horrible( sort of like playing a high quality graphics game with around 8-16bit graphics ).

Almost forgot about dolphin(Gamecube emu.), it runs the same as on windows on my pc(fully works and still runs really slow,2-5fps )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW the version of wine i using is 0.9.29, games will most likely work better with newer versions of wine.

Last edited: