Which one is better?????????????????

Jale

ePSXe, but better than that, ePSXe 1.5.2 (older). Why? It's very customizable and compatibility is good. With pSX, you get even better compatibility, but it's not customizable. You can't change screen resolution, graphics quality and other stuff to keep compatibility at a maximum level.

Oh, by the way, why ePSXe 1.5.2 and not 1.6.0? The latest version has some boot and compatibility issues.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Exactly what butters said. ePSXe overall offers far more tweaks and tricks and makes a lot of PS1 games look and generally run better than they did originally.

However PSX is far more pick up and play, with virtually no configuration needed so would be highly recommended for someone new to emulation who isn't familiar with plug-ins and how they work.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
However PSX is far more pick up and play, with virtually no configuration needed so would be highly recommended for someone new to emulation who isn't familiar with plug-ins and how they work.

Or for purists who want LLE emulation (like me) ;)
And I hate configuring all these plug-ins. Still ePSXe is also a great emulator, so why not try them both?

Ryanfaescotland

1 - ePSXe since it is the only one I have used and if you download a tool and don't have to download any others to do what you want then you have obviously downloaded the perfect product :D