Hi ps2 emulator?

stormswarning

hi, im totaly new to emulators, my cousin has informed me about them, to be honest, im looking for a ps2 emulator to be able to play on my pc. i already have my 360 controller, allien ware controller, and even a ps2 controller, with the psx conversion. games i am interested in playinig are fight night, ncaa football, maddens, and a few fps.

so my question is what would i need step by step to be able to play these titles on my pc. or is it even possible?

if it is, could i just go into my local gamestop store, purchase say for example ncaa football 08, place it in my dvd rom drive, and be able to play it on myu pc?

i know i sound like a total noob, but im hoping some 1 will be cool enough to point me in the right direction of this.

thx
storm

well, i d/l the ps2 emulator, but when i tryed to load a iso, it was asking for bios, which i do not know where that is, or even how to load those in?, it said i need bios for the program to atleast work any advice?

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You will need the PS2 bios to use with the emulator. Unfortunately it is subject to copyright the same as any game rom and discussion of where to obtain them is in breach of this sites AUP.

AFAIK the bios files are named scph10000, scph30004r, and scph39001. You will need to source them yourself though.

Ryanfaescotland

Although I haven;t ever tried PS2 emulation I dare say that my friend aboves term would work well in google ;)

But 100% true PS2 emulation is very very early state so chances are a lot of the games you try aren't going to work :( rubbish I know but saylavee (spelling is terrible but i can't be bothered checking)

stormswarning

ok fellas that sounds about right, let me ask you this, is it possible to be able to play some ps1 games through a emulator? i mean for the ps1 there were good tiitles for that as well, i mainly play sports games, few fps, but if i got a ps1 game, id do something like knockout kings and gran turismo, metal gear solids days? do you guys know if those are playable and if they are could you pleas epoint me in the the direction of the ps1 emu?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Get ePSXe or PSX from the emulators section of this site.

ePSXe has a lot more options to fiddle with and uses plug-ins so requires a degree of configuration and setting up.

PSX is a more pure emulator and will work directly with any ISO's with very little configuration needed. Again though you will need to source the necessary PSX bios files for either emu.