ePSXe Audio Problem.....

Roger

I am having audio issues with ePSXe. I am trying to play TacticsOgre but I am new to PSX emulation, and can't get the audio right. The game seems to need the "fixes" to play any audio at all. I have it to the point that the Atlus scrren plays smoothly without any problems. When the next screen (opening movie/title) comes up there is no audio at all. All audio tracks after that play "very" slowly. I have tried all the SPU except null. SPUEternal has given the best results, still nowhere near original speed though. I "think" I either have a bad bin or I need to tweak my audio options. I am hoping that someone can help me tweak the audio options, as I do not understand them yet. I am looking to speed up playback, I think.
As far as my bins, I have a stand alone binary sized at 76.5. To you regulars out there that may seem small, but I "think" that is how atlus's games come, or so I read. I have another copy in the bin/cue form, haven't tried it yet but the binary is 78,363 KB. If anyone else out there has a copy, could you tell me if the size sounds about right.
The video is perfect by the way, so my pc shouldn't be the issue.
As far as my pluggins are concerned I am running Pete's gpu (the latest on this site) and SPUeternal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping I do not have to run another emulator... *grumble*
*edit*
Ah, I had enable the fixes under audio config, which cause the slowdown, my bad as I read this in another post. But still with both bins the title music does not play... any ideas?

Last edited:

Solis

Hello Roger,

hmm I don't have this game to test but, do you have the XA enabled?

check in

epsxe>config>Sound

Enable Xa Sound and maybe Enable SPU IRQ hack

you may also want to run the image with mooby's cdr 2.8

Last edited: