VIET CONG ON PC

seether9111

ummmm i forget
ok i have a game called "viet cong" for pc.straight-up store bought game.load the 2 discs and game runs great.has pretty damn good graphics, and is a very good fps.
now the problem, the game crashes at the exact same point on the 3rd level every single time.no matter what i try, reinstalling, etc.it always crashes at same point on 3rd level:mad:
my friend says cause im running vista home basic, so i tried the game on his xp, well shit-it worked!played right through the 3rd level into the 4th!WTF???:confused:
so i sorta started to believe him, but i have played about 20 or so other older"xp" games on my vista, they all work 100%!!and the box for the game has system requirements (which my pc surpasses).but doesnt suggest an operting system at all, which tells me os should not be an issue!!??
here are my specs, just to lay it all out there(its not a beast but it meets recommended requirements for the game)
celeron m processor
512 mb ram
ATI radeon xpress 200m graphics
windows vista home basic

could it really be my operating system??or something else??i would really love to play this game I spent 20.00 for!!thanks for any help!!:)

seether9111

ummmm i forget
I really appreciate the help, but i have viet cong and only vk2 is listed.like i said my system specs are higher than recommended, my pc just doesnt like something about that particular point in the game?:(

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I really appreciate the help, but i have viet cong and only vk2 is listed.like i said my system specs are higher than recommended, my pc just doesnt like something about that particular point in the game?:(

Well run the check for VC2 and if it says failed for the operating system for it im sure that VC1 would not be compatible.

Just some thoughts

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
If you havent tried already, try looking for a patch

seether9111

ummmm i forget
could u please explain, i have heard of a patch, what would it do exactly.sorry such stupid question though.:(

seether9111

ummmm i forget
ok, found out at the pterodon website that vk is incompatible with vista.says u have to uninstall directx10 and install 9???wtf.im not downgrading to play this game.tha:)nks for the help though.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
ok, found out at the pterodon website that vk is incompatible with vista.says u have to uninstall directx10 and install 9???wtf.im not downgrading to play this game.tha:)nks for the help though.

kk Hope i helped a bit

But its a pretty fun game?

seether9111

ummmm i forget
game surprised the hell outta me,graphics look about like ps2 games.AI is extremely good, not only do you have to fight the vietnamese, they also set traps and shit everywhere.
there are a few glitches in the shading of the trees and other background areas,other than that a very solid fps!

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I might try it sometime