Wii

seether9111

ummmm i forget
alright, i am currently debating over either a 360, or a wii.
graphically speaking, i already know which system wins.
on the flip side i love zelda, and the nintendo consoles usually offer their own versions of games like RE.
but with games like GTA4 on the horizon for the 360, and the obvious jewel microsoft found with LIVE, which way to go??
price isnt an issue, but could someone who owns a wii give me the low down on the system??does online play work well, does the wii even have online play??
I also love the fact u can play gamecube games too!(can u play those online??)
i am not crazy over the controller, so can u simply use a regular controller on any game, or does it have to be that motion-shit on all games????

btw, i realize i posted in wrong place, no idea how to move it, so if someone could move it would be great!!!!! thanks a ton!!!!!!!

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
It depends on what you want. 360 by far has the best online.
Also RE5 is coming out on the 360,GTA 4, Devil May Cry,Halo 3,Gears of War 1&2, and many more.The 360 has all kinds of media support and I think that the Wii cant even play CDs or DvDs.Not to mention the HD drive for the 360.[100$ i think} I like the Wii, but it just doesnt have any really really good games out right now.Me personally the only games Im really excited about for the Wii are Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime:Corruption, and Metroid Hunters 2.
If i were you I would get a 360 and wait until the good games come out for the Wii then buy one.

The 360 has more violent and more games for the mature gamers but the Wii has more classic cartoonish "E" for Everyone games but on the other hand the 360 has CG next gen games. Good games for the 360 are Halo 3 (comes out very soon), , The Elder Scrolls 4: oblivion game of the year edition (comes out very soon too), Gears of War (has came out), Fable 2 (hasn't came out yet), Two Worlds (hasn't came out yet), Grand Theft Auto (hasn't came out yet) and many more. JuST visit xbox.com, go to games then click on games front page. If you decide to buy the Nintendo Wii thankfully you don't have to use the wii-mote you can use the wii controller.

I guesse it depends on who you are and what kind of games you like.

UPDATE

I meant that it has more classic games remade that can be a little cartoonish and still above E fo everyone but when i think of nintendo i think of E rated games because of their classic games that are cartoon like.
I DON'T PLAY THE WII though.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

The 360 has more violent and more games for the mature gamers but the Wii has a bunch of anime like cartoonish "E" for Everyone games but on the other hand the 360 has CG next gen games. Thankfully you don't have to use the wii-mote you can use the wii controller. the controller might be sold seperately, i'm not sure

I guesse it depends on who you are and what kind of games you like.

Not always an 'E'. There are more over 13 years old and over 17 years old mature games.:eek:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
If you decide to buy the Nintendo Wii thankfully you don't have to use the wii-mote you can use the wii controller.

[/B]
Most Wii games you do have to use the WiiMote

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I would sell my l3@11z just to have online CO-OP
Resident Evil 5

seether9111

ummmm i forget
RE is an awesome series.last one i actually played was code veronica on DC.never played 4, really wanted it though when i seen it on wii.i dunno gonna wait few more months closer to x-mas to decide, i have 7 year old son, he loves zelda, so i may go that route.
thanks for all the replies
:D

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
RE is an awesome series.last one i actually played was code veronica on DC.never played 4, really wanted it though when i seen it on wii.i dunno gonna wait few more months closer to x-mas to decide, i have 7 year old son, he loves zelda, so i may go that route.
thanks for all the replies
:D

If your son is going to play alot, I would suggest a Wii