Top 20 MAME Rom Downloads

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I was bored, so I decidede I'm going to expand my MAME rom collection. I only have the games I play... so I had no idea what I was really looking for. So when I got to my favourite Rom site, I saw they had a Top 100 Roms Download page. So I can't help noticeing number 19 on this list, Soul Calibur. This game doesnt even work on MAME!

1 Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (US 980123)
2 Metal Slug 3
3 Killer Instinct 2 (v2.1)
4 Killer Instinct (v1.0)
5 Neo-Geo BIOS
6 Metal Slug - Super Vehicle-001
7 Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (World 930201)
8 The King of Fighters 2002
9 Alien vs. Predator (Euro 940520)
10 Metal Slug X - Super Vehicle-001
11 Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (US 970827)
12 Samurai Shodown IV - Amakusa's Revenge / Samurai Spirits - Amakusa Kourin
13 The King of Fighters 2000
14 Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 2.1)
15 Metal Slug 2 - Super Vehicle-001/II
16 '88 Games
17 Street Fighter Alpha 3 (US 980904)
18 Dragon Ball Z V.R.V.S.
19 Soul Calibur (SOC14/VER.C)
20 1941 - Counter Attack (World)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
A lot of people download games they want to play when they are new to mame without being aware of the status of the games beforehand.

Its why we get so many requests from people on sites like this that generally go:

OMFG!!!! I rly wnat 2 play Soul Calibur on Mame but it won't start WTF????...help pleeeeeeze!.

Even though mame actually comes up with an advisory screen when you try to boot an unemulated game stating that it doesn't work and there's no way to make it work at the moment.....such is life in the world of emulation. :)

Zach

What's the state of DC Emulation? It's possible they could be referring to that.
Or also referring to a downloadable CD image for people to boot on their real DC's

spotanjo3

I was bored, so I decidede I'm going to expand my MAME rom collection. I only have the games I play... so I had no idea what I was really looking for. So when I got to my favourite Rom site, I saw they had a Top 100 Roms Download page. So I can't help noticeing number 19 on this list, Soul Calibur. This game doesnt even work on MAME!

FatTrucker is right. IT doesnt mean they are best games or popular. Some of them but most of the list I looked at isn't good games, really. Only a few are awesome in this list.

I had been used mame for almost 10 years so I know about the games in it. :D

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
What I meant was that there are lots of games dumped for mame that aren't yet properly emulated in mame.

New users tend to think because the rom exists then it works and so they download it, which is why a lot of unemulated or broken games feature in a lot of these toplists. New users then get confused when they can't get it to work.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Daytona and House of the Dead can be played with the Model 2 emulator which was an offshoot of the Nebula emulator.