Questions about emulators for the PSP

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hi

I saw a lot of emulators for the PSP at the PSP page.
So how am i supposed to play the roms on my PSP , can somehow the emulators ruin my PSP as i 've learned in the net that some of them can ruin your PSP FOREVER !! and of course i don't want that (nobody want that).

I have a 3.40 version of PSP and it is capable of running ISO .ISO and .CSO files without a problem.

So is it possible with this version of PSP to play for example SNES roms without any risk or just any other system ?

The help is greatly appreciated
Many thanks in advance.

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
I don't know much about the PSP but i'm sure the emulators don't ruin the PSP, downgrading the PSP does.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
NO no i will not downgrade it , why should i when it loads ISOS perfectly and i have only bought an original game just to start the ISOS because it's needed and i 've downloaded tons of them and enjoyed my PSP at the max.

Thanks man.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Hi

I saw a lot of emulators for the PSP at the PSP page.
So how am i supposed to play the roms on my PSP , can somehow the emulators ruin my PSP as i 've learned in the net that some of them can ruin your PSP FOREVER !! and of course i don't want that (nobody want that).

I have a 3.40 version of PSP and it is capable of running ISO .ISO and .CSO files without a problem.

So is it possible with this version of PSP to play for example SNES roms without any risk or just any other system ?

The help is greatly appreciated
Many thanks in advance.

There is a very very small chance that an emulator can brick (Knacker your psp so it doesnt work)

Some B***ards out do take the source code of emulators and other apps for the PSP and modify them so they will brick your PSP. Downloading and running unofficial software on your PSP will always carry a risk.

Recently a PSP website took the compiled installation files for the 3.52 M33 custom firmware and modified the ICON files and credits to look like they were involved with the development. Little did they know the installation program itself checks itself to see if has been modified and if it has it will brick the users PSP. A bit drastic I know, but it looks like another group of hackers are working on a way to unbrick these PSP's.

Programs that access the PSP's flash memory should be used with extreme caution. Emulators on the other hand generally do not access the flash memory and pose not threat to your PSP

So long as your only download the emulators from trusted sources such as PSPUpdates.qj.net or the authors websites then you will have no problem. My best advice is to avoid downloading any software from P2P programs, torrents, warez sites etc...

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
3.40 you will need to downgrade or upgrade to custom firmware.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
So are you saying that i must downgrade or upgrade my version of PSP in order to play the emulators ? If that's the case i will quit on emulators for PSP then :)

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
You shouldnt need to worry about bricking your PSP any more. There is now an unbricker than can unbrick any PSP that is currently available. Sony may modifiy the slim PSP though. If you can run ISOs and your on 3.40 then your most likely running 3.40-OE which supports homebrew

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
All right i will try the emus then thanks