Finalburn Alpha 0.2.96.72 Released!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
A new version of the arcade emulator Finalburn Alpha is now available. Here is what is new in this release:
v0.2.96.72
This is still an alpha release!

Note that, if compiled with GCC, you will need to use version 3.3.x, and
the experimental DirectX 9 blitter is not built.

This list is nothing like exhaustive. These are only the highlights of a big new version;

- Thanks to the contributions of OopsWare we have some nice new drivers
- PGM Hardware
- Video System Hardware
- 1945k III
- Gals Panic
- Power Instinct
- Shadow Force

- I have been busy with the following
- Added a Sega System 18 driver
- Added Ace Attacker, Excite League and Super League to the Sega System 16 drivers
- Added various bootlegs to the Sega System 16 driver
- Added driver for Kaneko 16 Hardware
- Added Honey Dolls, Snow Bros. 3, and The Winter Bobble to the Pandora based driver
- Added a generic lightgun interface to the burn library and converted all existing drivers to use it
- Emulated column and row scroll in System 16 tilemaps (still has a few issues with a few instances)
- Added support for (multiple) YM2612/3438 sound chips (as used by System 18)
- Added support for the RF5C68 PCM sound chip (still has issues which escape me at present, used by System 18)
- Fixed an issue with high BPP support in the generic tiles interface
- Matched all sets to MAME 0.117u3 and added some clones to various drivers

- Added Ganbare Ginkun and Riot to the Tecmo 16 driver [BisonSAS]
- Added kev's preliminary Dec0 driver to debug builds [kev]
You can get it from here.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
This is still an alpha release!

... By that you mean it's a Finalburn Alpha release? :confused: Because I can't find anywhere they state this is an Alpha or even Beta release.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
That text is taken from the readme file in the ZIP. Try downloading the zip and read it yourself, it's right there.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
That text is taken from the readme file in the ZIP. Try downloading the zip and read it yourself, it's right there.
I did download it... Only read on the site thou. Never the readme files. Sorry my bad.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I copy my changelogs from the "readme" files. I only use sites when a changelog is not available in the zip or the emulator is in EXE form(installable).