Problems with X-Arcade joystick working in CPS3 emu...

dalomarius

hello

I have a fairly decent computer that runs ALL mames games flawlessly. I use my x-arcade with mame32 and u64 (for killer instinct), and it works perfectly!! however when i run the latest CPS3 1.0a, i load the rom and goto the input config, whenever i try to enter a joystick input it freezes the comp and the emu.... only way i can get out of it is to do a control alt delete.... anybody having this issue? if there is a workaround, please let me know. also the cps3 emu seems to be the only emu that will run cps3 games w/o the .chd files.... if there is another emu that does the same thing, can somebody let me know, cuz all of the mame's ask for .chd files for the cps3 games....so agian, ANY help/tips is appreciated. Thx

Zach

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Strictly speaking it should work ok as the X-Arcade encoder simply converts the button presses into keyboard commands afaik.
Perhaps the problem is with the control config option in CPS3 and not with the X-Arcade.

You could try finding out which keyboard commands the X-Arcade sends (button 1 = Left Ctrl etc) and assign the controls manually with the keyboard then just hook your x-arcade up to play.

Default Controls are (P2 controls in brackets):
P1 Start = 1 (2)

P1 Up = numpad 8 (R)
P1 Down = numpad 2 (F)
P1 Left = numpad 4 (D)
P1 Right = numpad 6 (G)
B1 = Left Ctrl (A)
B2 = Left Alt (S)
B3 = Space (Q)
B4 = Left Shift (W)
B5 = Z (E)
B6 = X (Undefined)

If you read your X-Arcade manual you can program the buttons to output any keys you like, so if the above deosn't work or for some reason CPS3 doesn't like using function keys or the numpad for inputs, just do a custom setting on your X-Arcade using the manual. Afaik it supports up to 4 different configs at any one time using the switch at the back.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

dalomarius

hmm, that should work. Thx for putting all the keys in there for me bro. That should be all I need. i will try it when i get home, thx a bunch!!! the EMU community is the SH|T!!!!! :)

dalomarius

Hello,

i tried what you had said and it didnt work. i couldnt even change any of the keys with the keyboard... it freezes also... i unplugged the x-arcade and tried to do it with just the keyboard and it still froze my comp... i dont understand .....