general emulation questions

seether9111

ummmm i forget
looking 4 help
I have the SNESHOUT emulator and few games.I cant get the game to play in full screen mode.when i try it says "failed to initial direct draw" then the screen just goes blank.The games play fine in a small window, but its not very fun playing them that way.
Also I have the project 64 n64 emulator.all games work good except RE2, very choppy and just not fun to play.Is this thr rom, emulator or both??
Is there a better n64 and/or snes emulator out there??
Thanx in advance!!!!:D

Jale

seether9111 said:
I have the SNESHOUT emulator and few games.I cant get the game to play in full screen mode.when i try it says "failed to initial direct draw" then the screen just goes blank.The games play fine in a small window, but its not very fun playing them that way.
Make sure DirectDraw is enabled in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool utility. To access this tool, click on Start --> Run, then type dxdiag and press Enter. The, click on the Display tab. Also, make sure you have the latest DirectX version, which is 9.0c for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP and DirectX 10 for Vista.

seether9111 said:
Also I have the project 64 n64 emulator.all games work good except RE2, very choppy and just not fun to play.Is this thr rom, emulator or both??
Resident Evil 2 for Nintendo 64 is not very well emulated or not emulated at all. Get the PlayStation version instead.

seether9111 said:
Is there a better n64 and/or snes emulator out there??
Both Project64 and 1964 are really good. In fact, they're the favourites for most of emulator players. For more Nintendo 64 emulators, check the Nintendo 64 page of Emulator-Zone.

seether9111

ummmm i forget
ok thanks. what do u mean the ps version of re2??on another emulator????is there a ps version rom for the 64??
thanks!!!

Jale

No, but there's also a PlayStation emulator. A ripped CD-ROM game is called an ISO, not a ROM.

Jale

Yes, and the compatibility is awesome. I'm currently playing Final Fantasy IX flawlessly.

Why getting emulators from LimeWire? That's a virus' nest if you didn't know (fake apps, etc).

seether9111

ummmm i forget
OK, PLEEEEEZE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME.I INSTALL THE EMULATOR FIRST, THEN DO I HAVE TO RIP MY PS2 GAMES TO A FOLDER, RE-FORMAT THEM TO ISO AND BURN TO A DISC.I HAVE NERO 6.65 AND AM PRETTY FAMILIAR WITH IT.ANY HELP IN THIS WOULD BE GREAT.THANKS:D

Jale

Final Fantasy IX is a PlayStation game, not PlayStation 2.

To emulate PlayStation 2, you need a dual core processor (Intel Core 2 Duo), 2 GB of RAM and a very powerful video card. To get you started with PlayStation emulator, read the General ePSXe Setup and Configuration thread.

Better not keep talking about PlayStation emulation in a Nintendo forum. Oh, and don't write in caps.