SSF Lacking in Fighting Games

snipered2003

Hi,

when i play any fighting game, the picture seems to be lagging. It's basically like there are 5-6 frames shown at one time when the characters are moving.

I tried it on my computer (p4 2.4), my brothers (intel core 2 duo 3ghz) and my laptop (intel m 1.8, pci express) and it's always the same.

I run directly from the cd drive. Not an image. I tried to create an image using nero and it kept saying - cd drive is empty.

However, when it's not a fighting game, the picture is fine.

Does anyone else get this?

To anyone that did, how did you manage to fix it?

Last edited:

snipered2003

Yep settings are at default. Aparently, i read on other websites that it's a problem with the emulator for hi-res fighting games such as fighters megamix, vf2 kids and vf2- the games i am trying to play.

The compatability list also states the same.

Can you please tell me how you managed to get it working such as your settings?

I am also using it direct from the original cd.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Spellsong

Gray Mage
This website has some fixes for the games you want to play. I should have realized that. Its just I am so shocked that Saturn Emulation is wonderful with SSF that I forgot that some games are not going to run perfect without some fixes.

http://www.segasaturn.org/

Find the game you want to fix, and your there.

snipered2003

Thanks for the link. I did actually manage to find that before but never got round to trying it.

It's still a little slow as it says in the compatability list and it also has a slight scanline effect but no where near how much it was before.

Just have to wait for the new version and hope it's fixed.

spotanjo3

LOL... look at my old nickname Rockmangames. I changed it to RockmanForte. Heh! :)

snipered2004,

read it more carefully. It is old. The new latest ssf version was: Ver0.08 alpha R11.

Wait a minute. this compatability list is old and nobody update it.

SSF is the best emulator of all time! :D

Last edited: