Project64 controller input profile for GameCube controller

KillerQ

Hey all,

Does anyone here use Project64 with a GameCube controller? I hear that a GameCube controller along with the USB adapter works pretty well for Project64.

If you do, I am assuming that you had to configure some of the controller settings to get it close to the N64 controller. If that's the case, would you mind saving your input config profile and emailing the file to me. That way, I can just go to "load profile" under the input configuration and I'll be all set.

Hopefully others will benefit from this post as well....

I really appreciate this,

Thanks,

Matt
killerq97@aol.com

P.S. Has anyone gotten more than one gamecube controller to work at the same time for 2 player games with Project64?

spotanjo3

Hey all,

Does anyone here use Project64 with a GameCube controller? I hear that a GameCube controller along with the USB adapter works pretty well for Project64.

Yes.

If you do, I am assuming that you had to configure some of the controller settings to get it close to the N64 controller. If that's the case, would you mind saving your input config profile and emailing the file to me. That way, I can just go to "load profile" under the input configuration and I'll be all set.

That is not so hard. Look at other thread I answered to your question. :)

Hopefully others will benefit from this post as well....

I really appreciate this,

Thanks,

Matt
killerq97@aol.com

You are welcome and you will be fine.

P.S. Has anyone gotten more than one gamecube controller to work at the same time for 2 player games with Project64?

No I usually do not like to play with 2 players but if I have to then yes. Anyway, you will have to buy other adapter that way you can have one adapter controller for you and other player as other adapter controller that way. :) Look at other thread of your that I answer for NRages Direct Input plugin for 2nd controller. :)

Last edited:

xplics

Sorry to open an old thread but I am looking into buying a game cube to PC adaptor for project 64 as well. Question I have is does it work better then the N64 to PC adaptors out there? Also Which brand is recommended for the game cube to PC adaptor? Thanks in advance to all.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I here wall mart makes one that works ok. and I make this one. It uses n64 and GC ( auto detection ). It has none of that n64 weirdness with the buttons gong nuts. Currently the rumble does not work, and I have not finished the memory card reading for the n64. I sell them as well so PM me if interested. Other wise you can follow the guide on that page i reference and make it your self.