Best Megadrive emulator??

bigweed

Hi
Can someone tell me which is the best emulator for speed, ROM compatibility, and frequency of updates? Am new to Megadrive emulation, and have downloaded Fusion and Gens32 to try out - just wondering if I should also be looking at any others? Or are these two the daddies at the mo? Has medadrive emualtion matured, or is it still quite an active area?

Thanks

Bigweed

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Fusion is the best hands down also it plays gamegear 100%
also the master system :)

spotanjo3

Hi
Can someone tell me which is the best emulator for speed, ROM compatibility, and frequency of updates? Am new to Megadrive emulation, and have downloaded Fusion and Gens32 to try out - just wondering if I should also be looking at any others? Or are these two the daddies at the mo? Has medadrive emualtion matured, or is it still quite an active area?

Thanks

Bigweed

If you prefer just sega genesis then Gen32 is the best one overall. However, if you want sega master system and game gear (which they sucks) then Fusion. I personally prefer Gen32 for sega genesis games. :)

spotanjo3

Not really highly recommend. It is highly recommend if they want to play sega master system and game gear as well. Again, if they want to play just Genesis, 32X, Sega CD games then Gens32 is prefer highly recommend. It is just preference depending on what people are looking for, that's all. We have all different opinions. No argument here. :):)

Last edited:

Zach

Fusion is the most accurate for all those systems, hands down. I'm almost sick of seeing this argument.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
What is funny is that Fusion never have been updated in more than a year, and it stills kills Gens32. Do you know how nice the music sounded in Knuckles Chaotix in the Kega Fusion emulator, comparing to Gens32?

Last edited:

Ryanfaescotland

Haven't read the rest of the posts cause no matter what they say Gens32 is best. Fact.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its a fairly pointless argument. In terms of Genesis emulation there's very little to choose between them with both offering almost complete compatibility. Fusion seems to run slightly better and offer smoother framerates with certain plug-ins enabled though.

Because Fusion also offers emulation of every prior Sega system I would say overall its the stronger of the two emulators, but for Genesis emulation on its own they are virtually identical. Its about as relevant as arguing over the colour of the sky.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Fusion is the most accurate for all those systems, hands down. I'm almost sick of seeing this argument.

Seconded.
People are also whining about updates to Fusion, why? AFAIK there's not much to improve on Fusion.
I don't like the way the Gens spin-offs offer updates that add all kinds of gimmicks, but no updates to accuracy.
I don't blame the authors for this, since there seems a demand for 1000 different options.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
I have to agree with that one. Fusion does not really need anymore updates, I can only see minor bug fixes, but that is it. The difference between Gens and Fusion is sound accuracy, and Sega CD+32x support. Gens32 is only good for me to play hacked games like Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy IMO.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I really do not like the hacked games like Ultimate Mortal Kombat Triology and Rockman X3. I dont played the hacked games at all. I usually played the original games more naturally.

Ryanfaescotland

There are some good Super Mario hacks out there but for the most part I play normal games too unless I need to breath new life into a game.