I can't play games??

tukker1989

Hi everybody,

after I installed the VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3, I also have downloaded some games. I thought it was easy, but now I have a problem:( . I can't play any game.

If I have started the gba I take the following steps: File ---- open ---- But than I can't find a game!

Can someone help me and want to teach me step for step how I can play the game?:msn_shy:

thank you very much,

Tukker1989

Jale

To make things easier, put your games into the same directory VisualBoyAdvance is. If the games are compressed in RAR format, you'll need to uncompress it. If your games are compressed in ZIP format, you can boot them directly.

site ser

i am having the same problem:( except i have zip files and it just says unsupported something...so good luck trying to figure it out!

site ser

i think i figured it out. if you are trying to load a save file and not the whole game it won't work. i just loaded a cruddy asteroid game on it that i downloaded from this website. i think you have to get the full game.:confused:

site ser

w00000000000000t!!! pokemon red on my pc! yes you do have to download the full game. i got mine from --DELETED--.

Moderator's Note:

Don't offer illegal material. Thanks.

- Butters

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
Wow...uhm...okay, anyway, to uncompress .RAR files, you'll need a program. I would recommend WinRar, it's good one, and also handles several other archive types (not 7z however, but chances are you won't need it for GBA roms.) As for this unsupported error, either A) provide more details or B) ask Site Ser, as it seems he shared your problem but fixed it. Hope that helps. :)

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Wow...uhm...okay, anyway, to uncompress .RAR files, you'll need a program. I would recommend WinRar, it's good one, and also handles several other archive types (not 7z however, but chances are you won't need it for GBA roms.)
I just use 7z becaus obvoulsy it supports 7z and it also supports .rar so I like it better since it is freeware and not shareware. (I think that winrar is shareware)

Jale

WinRAR does support .7z format. At least the latest version does.

It's a shareware app, but it can be easily cracked. We won't say how, this forum doesn't support such activities.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
WinRAR does support .7z format. At least the latest version does.

It's a shareware app, but it can be easily cracked. We won't say how, this forum doesn't support such activities.

WinRAR doesn't even need to be cracked. It's fully functional if you don't register, there's just a small nag when you start it.