Need a program to map keyboard and mouse functions onto usb game controller

Dug

Hi there,

I am chasing a program that allows me to operate my keyboard and mouse using a video game controller. I was wondering if anybody here knew of a good program to do this, cause I have been searching for ages and would really appreciate the help.

Dug

Dug

Hi Butters

Thanks for the reply. I have tried a few of the programs available and am currently using JoyToKey 3.7.9. Although this program is the best I have come across so far, what I really seek is a program that will map all functionality from the keyboard and mouse including special characters. I am basically looking to ditch the keyboard and mouse and have this computer running soley on a gamepad :)

Doug

Dug

Hey Spellsong

I know what you are saying, when I first used it I had a little trouble. Although now it seems easy. Just double click on each button in the table and an options box appears allowing you to set the function for each button.

Still not enough functionality for what I need but that should keep you going.

Dug

Zach

I don't think you're going to find a program, honestly... Assuming someone wanted to write a program like that, it is way too many keys and possible key combos to bind to just a few buttons on a gamepad..

Usually something like that has to be built into the OS from the ground up from what I can tell. It's one thing to have a controller scroll and select games in a MAME menu, it's another to have perform all sorts of functionality - not to mention that of a mouse. At the very least this would require some sort of custom drivers to, say, get the D-Pad to move like a mouse cursor

Dug

Hey Zach

I am using an 8-axis controller with a maximum of 32 buttons depending on the way it is configured. Using 4 of these buttons as function keys, this leaves me with a possible 4 x 28 buttons and another 28 when no function key is in use (140 buttons). This more than covers a keyboard and I know it has been done before. JoyToKey is already doing it, i just need one that allows button combinations to be mapped instead of just single buttons and I am set.

Any Ideas???

Dug

Zach

No ideas, sorry... And yes I was mistaken, it had been done.. I remember mapping keys to my Gravid Pad with their own software back when Asheron's Call first came out.. It was an interesting experience for sure.