Tekken 3 Credit Music Problem

Rinnerz

Hey all,

I've been using ePSXe for PSX emulation for quite some time now, and generally haven't ever had problems with it--or if I did, I eventually figured out what the cause was. But this time, I'm stuck.

My own copy of Tekken 3 runs just fine, except... when I beat Arcade Mode and the credits begin to roll... there's no music. It says, "The King of Ironfist Tournament. Enter... the Tekken!" and then it just dies >.<.

I thought it might be my copy, so I borrowed a friend's and tried that. Still the same problem. So I figure it must be my settings, but I can't figure out which ones.

My general system specs are:

Pentium 4, 3.20 GHz (two processors)
1 GB DRR RAM
ATI Mobility RADEON 7000 IGP (64 MB)
Windows XP Home Edition

For video plugins, I now use P.E.Op.S. DirectDraw Soft Renderer.
For sound, I use the Eternal SPU Plugin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Solis

Hello Rinnerz,

epsxe has some problems with audio in certain games if your using the internal Run Iso. Try using Mooby's 2.8 cdr plugin then use Run-Cd. Mooby's cdr is going to to turn the run cd in to an run iso.

Last edited:

Rinnerz

Thanks for the reply! I'll get that plugin and see if there's a difference. I'll post the results here, just in case someone else has the same problem.

Rinnerz

So... I tried the plugin, and it wouldn't even load the game. All I got was a black screen. So then I figured maybe, just maybe, if I could make an image of my game, it'd work that way.

I finally made a BIN/CUE image, and ran it. It seemed just fine, until... after the end-game cinematic, the screen went black, and I couldn't get it to do anything at all after that. Not even the "King of Ironfirst Tournament..." etc line appeared this time. Nothing.

I -think- I saw similar posts about this problem elsewhere, so I'll check around. But if anyone has any clue what's wrong... help would be much appreciated :).

Ryanfaescotland

Well you at least know that the plug-ins make a difference so you could try a couple of others see if they work better.

Rinnerz

*huge grin* I figured it out! Sort of. I still don't know why Mooby's 2.8 CDR Plugin wouldn't run the CD itself, BUT... just as I was about to give up for now, I decided to have the same plugin run the BIN image instead.

^_^ It worked! Perfectly. Both the credits -and- the end music show up, just as they should. Thanks to Solis for reminding me about that plugin. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Edit: To clarify, TWO problems were fixed with doing it this way. Running the CD itself using ePSXe's internal CD plugin wouldn't play the credit music. And then running an -image- of the game would cause it to freeze after the end-game cinematic. I note this because I saw several posts on other forums where people had this second problem, and no one came up with a solution.

So, if your Tekken 3 image is freezing just before the credits, get Mooby's 2.8 CDR Plugin, then go to "Run CD ROM", and then search for your Tekken 3 image file. It should run fine that way :).

Last edited:

Ryanfaescotland

Woohoo now you can listen to the end music and tell us why, oh why, you want to??

Rinnerz

:( Because Tekken 3 was, hands down, one of the games I played -the- most back in the day, and everytime that credit music started up with that wicked beat, it was the epitome of awesomeness? ^_^ It's somehow extremely rewarding, really.