Black Screen with all Emulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by pam@Jul 17 2004, 07:54 PM
i wonder why u all guys waste your time..since there is NO any working playstation emulator, as also this happens to many others, too... : [/b]
what the hell are you talking about?? epsxe works fine

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by pam@Jul 18 2004, 03:54 AM
i wonder why u all guys waste your time..since there is NO any working playstation emulator, as also this happens to many others, too... :[/b]
Playstation emulators do work and ePSXe has a compatibility rate(when used with the proper plugins) around 90% That took alot of time and work to achieve.

The reason for the problem might have to do with the hardware(old or weak hardware), old drivers or plugin/emulator bugs. All of the problems above can be fixed.

Guitar Gamer

Yeah - that comment wins some award on ignorance (no offense honestly). Do some research before you say something like that please. It doesn't take much to see PSX emulation is very advanced and far past any stage of "getting things to work". The fact that we can play nearly any game through to the end means a lot in itself.

Now, if we're all mistaken and you are referring to PS2 emulation then ignore my comment - and yes - in that case you'd be close to correct. :)

Have a nice non-offended day. ;)

Sebastian

I have tested bios scph1001.BIN and scph7502.BIN and another bios between it, I believe. They are 512kb big.

I have really new hardware with newest drivers. And I have the actual plugins and tested them. So I dont know whats the point. And I think I have configured the plugins fine. With standard settings it even doesnt working.

Greetings,
Sebastian

Guitar Gamer

Sebastian - Your BIOS size sounds about right just so you know. Mine matches exactly at 512 KB -->SCPH1001.BIN. I'd suggest trying out a couple other emulators just to see if the problem is emulator specific. The bigger chunk of the problem we can isolate - the better :). Give AdriPSX a try first. Then refer EZ's PSX emulator page. If things persist then we can safely say it's a problem with your system in some way. Otherwise it's something with epsxe itself. *thumbs up* Don't give up - it works. :)

onewecallgod - not wanting to flame... *chuckles* ... just wanting to correct the ill informed - even if it takes a little (just a lil) "persistence"... damn I'm good at sugar coating. ;):D

pam

Banned
:lol:
hey, r we all completely mad? If u say that there is some working emulator for PS2, then what for all trouble about?..Just tell us where is this working (LOL) emulator and we ll try the roms in it..
So simple..And i just wonder what r u waiting for?..
(and remember, we now speak ONLY for working PS2 emus, not theories,craps and blablabla...Emus through which we ll put in the game's rom and ready to play it in our pc..Exackly as in mame-if u know what mame is)

ps. Is this 'working' ps2 emu, 'working' as is sega saturn's emu?.. :D

onewecallgod

Originally posted by pam@Jul 17 2004, 07:54 PM
i wonder why u all guys waste your time..since there is NO any working playstation emulator, as also this happens to many others, too... : [/b]
you never said PS2 emulator.... we had to assume you meant PSX because we are in an epsxe troubleshooting thread :rolleyes:

Guitar Gamer

Well, things make a lot more sense now. We were completely under the impression you meant PS1. :lol: Thanks for clearing that one up. :)

Sebastian

Ok. I tested this way:

game: disgaea

epsxe with bios 1001

black screen without change on bin and on cd

epsxe with bios 7502

adripsx with internal bios

adripsx with bios 1001

no black screen! But only shown logo from company screen one and two. Then ending. No failuremessage. no change by cd or file

adripsx with bios 7502

black screen without change on bin and on cd. failure message. Unsupported mips cpu-instruction

pcsx with bios 1001

pcsx with bios 7502

pscxeven with bios 1001

pscxeven with bios 7502

Something can be done with this?

Greetings,
Sebastian

Guitar Gamer

Well, despite the fact that the few of us here have read your post and most likely thought about your problem - it seems the solution is slightly beyond what we can pin point. Trust me - we're here. This is just something over the hills and far away (cliche moment). I just thought I'd let you know so it doesn't seem like we're ignoring you.

nesman

I just can't figure out the problem. There must be something about his system because every emulator produces the same result.

Guitar Gamer

My thoughts exactly. And its rather hard to deduce this one without really getting to know the system and burrowing deep into its config and drivers, etc.

nesman

Originally posted by Sebastian@Jul 15 2004, 10:25 AM

Name : AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3200+
Description: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10
Manufacturer : AuthenticAMD
Version : Modell 4, Stepping 10
DataWidth : 32 Bits
Socket Designation : Socket-A
Type : Central Processor
CPU Id : 0000005500000F4A
CPU Family : Unknown
CPU Stepping : 10
Load Percentage : 80 %
Max ClockSpeed : 2000 MHz
Current ClockSpeed : 2000 MHz
External Clock : 200 MHz
Upgrade Method : undefined
L2 Cache Size : 1024 Kb
L2 Cache Speed : -1 MHz
Display Availability : Running/Full Power
PowerManagement Supported : false

GPU:

Name : MSI MS-StarForce GeForce FX 5200 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200)
Display Availability : Running/Full Power
Video Mode : 1600 x 1200 x 4294967296 Farben
Adapter DAC Type : Integrated RAMDAC
Current Horizontal Resolution : 1600 Pixels
Current Vertical Resolution : 1200 Pixels
Current Number Of Colors : 4294967296
Adapter RAM : 128 MB
Current Refresh Rate : 85 Hertz
Video Processor : GeForce FX 5200
Inf Filename : oem16.inf
Driver Version : 6.14.10.5663
Monochrome : false
Installed Display Drivers : nv4_disp.dll

and a SPU(Its an Soundblaster Live):

Name : Creative EMU10K1 Audio Processor (WDM)
Manufacturer : Creative Technology, Ltd.
Product Name : Creative EMU10K1 Audio Processor (WDM)
PowerManagement Supported : false

Nothing seems wrong with this config. Sebastian, are you sure you have the latest drivers for your system?

Sebastian

Yes, I have the latest drivers.

At the moment Im thinking its maybe the cpu? Because my brother has an athlon too, but older, with 1000MHz. Maybe all the emulators are running only with intel-cpu? Can this be? Then the emulators or maybe even the software are made for intel-cpu? In playstation itself intel is working, isnt it?

Greetings,
Sebastian

PS: My brother told me Silent Hill 1 is running. Same by me. And he told me one game, named Jurassic Park ran one time, but then no more. So he has an amd-cpu too. Connection there?

PSS: Adri-PSX says something like unsupported mips-cpu-instruction. Maybe its the amd really. Or are others using amd without problems?

Mourgos

Originally posted by Sebastian@Jul 30 2004, 04:41 PM
Yes, I have the latest drivers.

At the moment Im thinking its maybe the cpu? Because my brother has an athlon too, but older, with 1000MHz. Maybe all the emulators are running only with intel-cpu? Can this be? Then the emulators or maybe even the software are made for intel-cpu? In playstation itself intel is working, isnt it?

Greetings,
Sebastian

PS: My brother told me Silent Hill 1 is running. Same by me. And he told me one game, named Jurassic Park ran one time, but then no more. So he has an amd-cpu too. Connection there?

PSS: Adri-PSX says something like unsupported mips-cpu-instruction. Maybe its the amd really. Or are others using amd without problems?
I don't know what the problem might be,but it definetely has nothing to do with the brand of your cpu.Believe me that's not the case.

You do have the latest directx installed ,right?

The strange thing in your situation is that you say no emulator works on your pc...That means that the problem is irrelevant to the emulators and it has to do with sth else.

Status
Not open for further replies.