no$GBA Cheat Help

krawling

Well, the title explains what this whole thread is about.
I haven't gotten to find anything helpful through the search option, so I'm here to ask the people of the forum.

Well, here goes.
Question: How do you use the cheat option on no$GBA v.2.4? Specifically on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?
Notes
~Renegade v.1.68 doesn't seem to work.
~The actual options in no$GBA doesn't work at all.
~Is there any other methods to cheat?

montpics

Cheats won't work for DS games on no$GBA at this moment.

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
It works, but you have to know how to make the cheats work. Here, this should help you out: How to convert NDS codes for use in No$GBA

Sorry, but there's no easy way to do it yet. :happy:

:EDIT:
Oh, and other methods would include hacking into the game's memory (Renegade64 has a built-in memory viewer that works very well on PJ64, but I don't know about No$GBA-Try it!), alternatively, you could try something like Cheat Engine but...it's very tricky to attempt using the program on an emulator, as you'll also be viewing memory from the emulator as well as the game.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Easy:

Tools you'll need:

Renegade64 (1.68 is newest version)

01: start no$gba, open a game and go ingame
02: start renegade64 -> cheating -> attach to emulator -> choose no$gba 2.4c (DS)
03: cheating -> trainer/patcher
04: Training Options: set system to NDS
05: enter the name of the game u want to cheat in the lil box below the games box and hit the Add button
06: Enter Code Name
07: Enter The Code
08: Set As New
09: now select the code and hit "activate codes"
10: have fun cheating

You need to add this to the emulators.cfg file for Renegade 64 to work with 2.4c:
No$GBA v2.4c (DS)|no$gba|0|469CE0|400000|3|

Note that this works for most people, but not everyone.

Good luck!

Finbad

When ever I try to enter a code, the code shows up but with a ? in the box. I'm trying to use codes for pokemon ruby and nothing seems to be working.