General Chatter

Ryanfaescotland

Thought I'd make a topic just to speak about anything. A general flow of conversation is expected rather than random anything but no need to stick to a spiecfic topic.

So anyone a member of any other forums?

Zach

Tech-PC, Adobe Support Forums, rls.org support group, overclockers.com

A few other private ones

Ryanfaescotland

Overclocking - that's something that scares the hell out of me and I'd never try it just incase my comp burnt to a crisp taking the house with it.

Ryanfaescotland

I used to be a forum whore. I was at like 13 forums in the past years. Now I just stick to this only one.

Don't you get fed up of the topics here? The word 'help' has already started to lose meaning to me, god forbid I walk past an alley with someone getting mugged:

"HELP!!!! HELPPPP!! I NEED HELP NOW!!!"
"Okay first off don't say now, I'll help as soon as I can, second, there is no need to shout, third can you go into a bit more detail, what exactly is the problem? How did the problem occur? What have you tried so far?"
"I'M BEING MUGGED!!!!"
"Okey, has this happened before? What are you being mugged for? Who is mugging you? Have you tried fighting back before asking for help?"

Zach

Overclocking - that's something that scares the hell out of me and I'd never try it just incase my comp burnt to a crisp taking the house with it.

That image is a bit exaggerated.. It's very hard to ignite your PC from a failed overclock unless you are perhaps totally inattentive and something flammable just happens to be near the CPU and catches fire... Still have a big metal case around it even then.

Ryanfaescotland

Ok my house wouldn't go up but I do have thoughts of the computer smoking and bits inside melting to unusable mush.

Zach

That too is a little hard to do.. It would certainly die, but long before it actually melted.

Ryanfaescotland

Cool I guess I'll sleep a little easier now :) I heard about Megadrive overclocking before don't really think it's worth it though, pcs maybe, but not consoles.

Zach

yeah I heard about it a long time ago too.. Always found the idea interesting.

I'm running my CPU overclocked right now actually, using nothing but the stock HSF unit and crappy thermal pad that came with it. 1.8 - > 2.2ghz

Would probably be a little higher if I had my watercooling gear hooked up.. Before I ran into money problems I was all set to buy some new parts. A new Intel Core 2 Duo, was gonna get it hopefully up to around 3.5 - 3.7ghz from 2.4ghz..

Now the price of the chip is jacked way the hell up to $222. Just the chip, no motherboard, no ram... #1 reason I hate Intel, but they have the fastest shit right now. That chip was around $180 when I was looking to purchase it a couple weeks ago

Ryanfaescotland

Nowt worse than when you've being saving for something and when you finally get there it's gone up (>_<)

I love $'s the pound is really strong against them just now almost $2 to every 1£ shame there is nothing I need from America just now but it's almost worth changing some money over just incase I go there sometime in the future.

Ryanfaescotland

Can't remember who told me about the 'mark all forums read' button but I seem to be using it a lot these days. Good work Mods, I know I couldn't be bothered reading all the drivel on the net, it's hard enough reading my own.