GBA emulator problem

XBoneDaddyX

im using the visual boy advanced emulator
when i load a game with a save feature, like pokemon-fire red version, it gives an error "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed." and doesnt let me save my progress (i know you can state save)
and when i load a game that goes by time, like pokemon-emerald version, it says "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur."
ive downloaded visual boy before, and both the save feature and time feature worked
has anyone else run across this problem?
is there anyway to fix it?

DarkBloodyFetus

Eh, The King of Kings
You can save in FireRed and LeafGreen Roms,I think it's one of the F8 keys or something that opens up a window and asks if you want to save the file or not. You can't go to Save in the menu during ingame and save that way. It doesn't work like that, I've tried it. The "1M sub-circuit board is not installed" does not affect gameplay whatsoever and can be turned off in the option menu.

XBoneDaddyX

You can save in FireRed and LeafGreen Roms,I think it's one of the F8 keys or something that opens up a window and asks if you want to save the file or not. You can't go to Save in the menu during ingame and save that way. It doesn't work like that, I've tried it. The "1M sub-circuit board is not installed" does not affect gameplay whatsoever and can be turned off in the option menu.

ive had visual boy downloaded on my old PC and both the save and time feature worked on the crystal version i downloaded
i know about the F8 state save
im asking about the in-game save