emulating saturn

zeldafreak1223

Some Computer Punk
okay, so i recently got a copy of the Sonic Jam rom (which i had to look very hard for). i downloaded the highest rated emulators from the emulator-zone (SSF and Satourne as a backup if SSF didn't work). however, i've only ever emulated old things before, like NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 and stuff like that. i figured since the saturn was pretty old it would be an easy to use interphase. wrong. i'm completely lost on how to run this stuff. all i get are plugin errors and the emulators telling me im missing this or that file. how do i run saturn? Sorry if this is a n00bish question.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Only some games can be emulated. It might be old, but emulating the system is difficult since its complicated from what I heard. I would just buy a Saturn, and play burned games.

TwistedWhizz

You have to do things a little differently with the Saturn, chiefly because it's a CD based system. Have a look around the forums with the search function and you'll find all you need to know.

I would say to you though, that unless you have a very high specced PC, I wouldn't bother with Saturn emu. I had a really good go at it a short while ago, and none of it is very playable sadly. This is a real upset for me as I was looking forward to playing some of my old faves.

In short, Saturn emu is a disaster at the mo. :(