Multiple ISO

Ryanfaescotland

Ok so I'd wrote a very nice and rather witty post before but sadly I was logged out during it so I need to retype it all over. This means sadly this one isn't going to be as good cause well I can't be bothered typing it out again but here goes anyways.

I'm looking for a site to download FF9

Hahaha that of course was a joke, now that I've broke the ice onto the real issue

I downloaded 4 .rar files from a site and decompressed them and now I have 4 sets of .ccd .img and .sub files. They all have the same name except for a number distigiousing between the 4 (ie XXX.IMG XXX1.IMG XXX2.IMG XXX3.IMG)

This sadly means the game only gets as far as the title screen before crashing and I assume it is because the files are in bits.

So I'm looking for a programe to put them back together so hopefully it'll work again

Thanks alot for anyhelp

Last edited:

Jale

Merging them won't do anything. Just mount the 1st disc with Daemon-Tools or similar image mountin tool and boot your game from your virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive.

If you're attempting to boot this game using a real PlayStation console, make sure it is modded (if it can read both original and copies). If the game crashes after the title screen, it's most likely your ISO is corrupt. It happened to me with Final Fantasy Tactics. I had to re-download the whole game again from another site, but in your case, you should re-download the first disc only.

Last edited:

Ryanfaescotland

Hey Butters thanks for the quick reply.

Not entirely sure what you mean by mount but I'll have a look through the site you linked to n see if I can figure it out.

Forgot to say I'm just wanting it to run on the emulator. I see you mentioned the first disk are you using that to refer to the first of the 4 parts since as far as I'm aware it is a one disk game in real physical terms

Jale

Impossible. Final Fantasy IX has always been a 4 discs game. You should have known that a PlayStation cannot read DVDs.

Anyway, let's talk about "mounting". The four discs you have downloaded are called Images, which are virtual copies of the four physical discs. The only way to mount virtual discs is with a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive. That's when Daemon-Tools comes into play. Daemon-Tools creates a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive; it appears in "My Computer" and all, just like if you were having another CD/DVD-ROM drive. Mount it there and play.

Ryanfaescotland

Sorry I've confused matters with my comment about FF9! The game in question is actually a Bomberman Compalation of which I'm trying to play Bomberman Fantasy Racer. I used to have Bomberman Fantasy Racer and know for a fact it is a 1 disk game however I'm unsure if the compalation is or no.

My comment about FF9 was mearly a joke, a stab at all the people who sign up to emulation forums just to ask where they can steal games from without any attempt to read the rules/ search old threads etc.

And I know you get alot of people who aren't computer savvy on this forum but come on do you really need to point out that the PS1 can't play DVDs :D I don't come across that daft do I?

I'll try the mounting thing after work tonight cheers for the explantion

montpics

Sorry I've confused matters with my comment about FF9! The game in question is actually a Bomberman Compalation of which I'm trying to play Bomberman Fantasy Racer. I used to have Bomberman Fantasy Racer and know for a fact it is a 1 disk game however I'm unsure if the compalation is or no.

My comment about FF9 was mearly a joke, a stab at all the people who sign up to emulation forums just to ask where they can steal games from without any attempt to read the rules/ search old threads etc.
Please...... Post it in a understandable way so people can understand what you were referring to.

Plus, you didn't mention anything about Bomberman titles at the start of this thread. :dry:

Ryanfaescotland

I can see my humour isn't appreciated here so I will save it for on stage and just stick to factual posting :msn_shy: I hate being new at forums

I didn't post the game title since it was more of a universal question aimed at any game that had been split in parts but I guess the more information the better so will post the game title in future.

I've got it going now but feel like a bit of a muppet. On the screen it 'crashed' at it said press start and I thought I had mapped the start button to R2 on my joypad when I hadn't it was still mapped to X on the keyboard hence the game would just stop and wait for me to push it >_<

Thanks for all the help anyways I'll keep the mounting stuff in mind for future issues :thumb_up: