Best tactical game ever!

For me FF TACTICS is still the best,followed by Tatctics Ogre and on third place I am enlisting Vandal Hearts 2.

Zach

Tactics is at the top of my list too.
Kartia is also pretty good, and so is Front Mission 3

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
For me, the best three is Front Mission 3, Monoeye Gundam and Final Fantasy Tactic Advance.

Ryanfaescotland

hmm aint played Tactics yet. M.A.X on the PC is a great turn-based game. Similar to Dune but turn-based, works well

xplics

I have to go with XCOM on this one, LOVED the heck out of the PC version. If anyone is intrested in trying it out try the xcom PSONE iso thats out there. The PSX version was great as well.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
Im curious, people say a game "best" because of what ?
In this genre there are a lot factor : tactic/strategy, story, sound, graphic, system etc.
For me, FM3 is great because of story, system and graphic, Monoeye because of its system (tech tree) while FFTA in its strategy (a lot of combination) and system (job system).

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
id have to go for Fallout Tactics, Jagged Alliance and the first Commandos. all 3 of them are old pc games.

Ryanfaescotland

id have to go for Fallout Tactics, Jagged Alliance and the first Commandos. all 3 of them are old pc games.

Commandos was good hard as a dinosaur poo though. (That's very hard)

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
i played pool of radiance once, but it was on the pc. a RPG game. think it came out about the same time as baldurs gate. if i remember correctly the combat was turn based.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
Found a new good game in this genre and rise at the top tier of my list, Wesnoth, grid based tactic game (Fire emblem, FFTA etc) with a lot of downloadable campaign. Oh, and all the unit can level up and evolve (Like Pokemon :) ).
For some people maybe the graphic is outdated / standard / plain..., it's freeware BTW.

Last edited: