NO$GBA problems

Branght

The Guardian
I know this problem was mentioned before but from what he posted i was unable to figure it out, Go easy on me, i'm new at this, (Just started yesterday)

Q: I got the rom image has crashed, what did I do wrong?

A: Nothing is wrong with you. No$GBA works only with encrypted roms, because the nds roms has already been decrypted. There are two tools to your chosen. One is called eNDryptS Advanced which can be found at: http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm or another one is called NDSTOOL and you can use dslazy gui with NDSTOOL for windows user and can be found at: http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Ndstool. The either way will changed your nds roms to encrypted without a problem.

I'm have that exact problem however i couldn't figure it out.. :(

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
I know this problem was mentioned before but from what he posted i was unable to figure it out, Go easy on me, i'm new at this, (Just started yesterday)

I'm have that exact problem however i couldn't figure it out.. :(

if you've put the encrypter inside the map of no$gba and it still doesn't work it may be that you have an corrupted rom -but you don't have that because we are against roms- and if so you can't do anything -except for downloading a new one but we are very against it- but i am not shure if your rom image crashed it's because the encrypter doesn't work. encrypter's are for the message : your save is corrupted, enter the cartridge and try again.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
if you've put the encrypter inside the map of no$gba and it still doesn't work it may be that you have an corrupted rom -but you don't have that because we are against roms- and if so you can't do anything -except for downloading a new one but we are very against it- but i am not shure if your rom image crashed it's because the encrypter doesn't work. encrypter's are for the message : your save is corrupted, enter the cartridge and try again.

First of all, *We* are not against roms in general. I know I'm certainly not. But there are often copyright issues involved so forums like these don't want to publish roms or even links to them to avoid any legal hassle.

Second, I haven't tried DS emulation yet so I'm not totally sure how this decrypt/encrypt works but it seems to me you've gotten it all wrong in thinking that you just have to put the encrypter inside the no$gba-folder, and it will work automatically. I found this quote on another website:

"You need to run your "clean rom" through this tool should you want to play it on the emulator known as no$gba."

As I said, I haven't tried DS yet, but the quote suggests to me that the encrypt-program has to be run and process the game rom before you run it in the emulator. (Or am I totally wrong about this? I don't have the time to download everything right now to test this theory).

So my question to Branght would be: What part of the process haven't you figured out? What steps have you taken and where did you lose track of what to do?

Last edited:

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
First of all, *We* are not against roms in general. I know I'm certainly not. But there are often copyright issues involved so forums like these don't want to publish roms or even links to them to avoid any legal hassle.

Second, I haven't tried DS emulation yet so I'm not totally sure how this decrypt/encrypt works but it seems to me you've gotten it all wrong in thinking that you just have to put the encrypter inside the no$gba-folder, and it will work automatically. I found this quote on another website:

"You need to run your "clean rom" through this tool should you want to play it on the emulator known as no$gba."

As I said, I haven't tried DS yet, but the quote suggests to me that the encrypt-program has to be run and process the game rom before you run it in the emulator. (Or am I totally wrong about this? I don't have the time to download everything right now to test this theory).

So my question to Branght would be: What part of the process haven't you figured out? What steps have you taken and where did you lose track of what to do?

at first about the rom thing your right but i mean this site is *cough cough* against roms because its against the law :happy:. i don't mean i or anybody thinks downloading roms is bad...{btw if it's a real rom it is always a copyright issue because a rom is a reading only file so legal roms aren't reading only..} as far i know it worked when i just putted into the map of no$gba but i don't remember as it is a long time ago. i would just to ensure it works, put the encrypter in the folder, then play it -as far as you can play it ofcourse- and then run the game. it should work now

XeroForever

Unreal Alliances
Look w/e the problem is it is probably directly related to the program. I have been hearing many problems related to No$GBA so you have got to use another program. What I Find that works the best is VBA so why not try that .

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
vba is only for gba games, and not for ds. also this problem is actually related to the program because the program is already encrypted and the roms aren't(i thought.) but it easy to be solved (although you with most games won't be able to load stuff) but yeah if you are only playing gba you could try vba -visualboyadvance- or you also could try DeSmuME. by some people seen as the best emulator, i have some expierience with it and i prefer no$gba

XeroForever

Unreal Alliances
vba is only for gba games, and not for ds. also this problem is actually related to the program because the program is already encrypted and the roms aren't(i thought.) but it easy to be solved (although you with most games won't be able to load stuff) but yeah if you are only playing gba you could try vba -visualboyadvance- or you also could try DeSmuME. by some people seen as the best emulator, i have some expierience with it and i prefer no$gba
Actually I have problems with many DS emulators. I don't know if it is just my computer or bad programming but many DS emulators including No$GBA just don't work to well. But anyway if you are just trying to play GBA games then VBA since like an exceptional choice.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Actually I have problems with many DS emulators. I don't know if it is just my computer or bad programming but many DS emulators including No$GBA just don't work to well. But anyway if you are just trying to play GBA games then VBA since like an exceptional choice.

i agree. ds emu's have many problems, and not all are easy to solve -like the saving problem- but if you really want to try a game you could use it... but then again play your gba games on vba, an easy simple but good working emu.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I don't know if it is just my computer or bad programming but many DS emulators including No$GBA just don't work to well.

It's not bad programming. It's just that NDS-emulators haven't been in development long enough. Give it some time.

Krinya

And a tip, if you lose your saves:
If you rename that rom that you play, rename the save file (in the Battery folder) to the same as the nds file, because it won't see the savefile. :)

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
And a tip, if you lose your saves:
If you rename that rom that you play, rename the save file (in the Battery folder) to the same as the nds file, because it won't see the savefile. :)

kinda bumping....

however what your saying is true. i also recommend people to download the ''pro'' version of no$gba {2.6a} it rocks

Lukong

When I read that I thought it fixed your problem, you could have said Thank you or It didn't help. Emulator-zone says you shouldn't say the Rom Site not the Rom. So let me take a crack at it.

To fix the Pokemon problems [Blackouts & Freezes after battles]
To make DeSmuMe faster:
Config > 3D Settings > "SoftRasterizer", Check "...Edge Making", "...Fog" and uncheck "Unrealistically..." > Okay

Config > Sound Settings > Synchronization Mode choose "Synchronous..." and choose "N" or "Z" or "P" > Interpolation "None" or "Linear"

Config > Frame Skip > Uncheck ?Limit Framerate? > (For faster speed) > Auto Skip or Fixed Skip > Adjust to "1" to "3" or higher [Note: Lower is smooth and Higher is Choppy]

To fix the Pokemon/Other Game Problems with Freezing, Saving, Blackouts, etc
Config > Emulation Setting > Check "Use 8MB debugger mode when starting execution?" and Click "Ok?"

Also Keep both NO$GBA 2.6a & DeSmuMe 0.9.7

The 8MB Debugger help also solve FF The Four Heroes of Light saving problem.

Also if the Rom is COD Black Ops, Star Wars Unleashed 2 or Transformers: Dark of the Moon, I am also having problems that I'm trying to solve, but I haven't done a lot of testing [Trying different emulators & settings] yet.

The most recent Rom to crash on me and that needed to be played on DeSmuMe was Tron Evolution. With DeSmuMe if a rom doesn't wrong it won't start.

kinda bumping....

however what your saying is true. i also recommend people to download the ''pro'' version of no$gba {2.6a} it rocks

Are you talking about NO$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 because it was someone else you helped solved my problem with Ninja Gaiden which would have half graphics on NO$GBA 2.5 & 2.6a, on DeSMuMe I couldn't use the D-Pad and the rotation was the least of my problems.
I don't remember there Username, but because of that person I was able to play Ninja Gaiden also if No$GBA is fast so is NO$Zoomer.

NO$Zoomer is more like Optimus Prime's Trailer. NO$Zoomer requires NO$GBA in order to emulate.

my no$ gba cant have a connection in double screen ds play...why is that??
Linking on NO$GBA was meant for linking your Gameboy Advance games with each other, I don't think anyone has invented an emulator that could link DS to DS, unless that is why the Inventors of Emulation/Developers of NO$GBA hasn't updated NO$GBA yet...its why...
Look w/e the problem is it is probably directly related to the program. I have been hearing many problems related to No$GBA so you have got to use another program. What I Find that works the best is VBA so why not try that .

Continuing from the top...its why most people would use NO$GBA, but I heard on this thread Re: VBA Saved Game -> VBA Link? someone [Sounds like an Adept Emulation User] figured out a way of connecting on VBA.

Last edited:

Lukong

Also if the Rom is COD Black Ops, Star Wars Unleashed 2 or Transformers: Dark of the Moon, I am also having problems that I'm trying to solve, but I haven't done a lot of testing [Trying different emulators & settings] yet.

Sorry I just did some testing with the 8MB Debugger on (There is my a lot) and Using DeSmuMe 0.9.7 (I was using DeSmuMe 0.9.5 at the time).
Transformers: Dark of the Moon worked including Radiant Historia, Naruto Shippuden - Naruto vs Sasuke, Call of Duty Black Ops and Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 all worked.

Last edited: