Nebula / Model 2 (M2) Emulator Help Needed

HOW

The 'Old' Kid
Nebula / Model 2 (M2) Emulator Help Needed

Hi All,

I have a problem with the M2 Emulator that I REALLY :bow: hope you can help me with.

I had an older copy of the Nebula/Model 2 Emulator. I played HotD on it fine, but had probs with Sega Rally (top speed issue), but it worked.

So I downloaded a 0.8 from: http://nebula.emulatronia.com/ to resolve the SR problem.

I was then made aware of the HotD missing graphics issue - see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OcRyrdo1iI. & advised that 0.8 should fix this.

0.8 fixed the SR speed prob - but with House of the Dead on my older version I could 'Fire' with the Left Mouse button - and 'Reload' with Right Mouse button - However, with v0.8 I could do neither (Note: Mouse moves Crosshairs - but buttons not functioning).

I looked around and realised this was an 0.8 bug that was resolved with 0.8a - So I downloaded 0.8a - But NOW I am having trouble with all games running on M2 - regardless of version 0.8 or 0.8a! :confused:

Whichever version of M2 I now run I get the same result....Inital start up screens/overlay grahics not greatly affected - BUT the main/polygon graphics are MAJORLY corrupted (see screenshots below).

Sega Rally screenshots

House of the Dead screenshots

I've tried downloading M2 again from http://nebula.emulatronia.com/ but had the same results. I'm wondering if I have inadvertantly changed something in the configuration? - But I am at a loss as to where to start.

Any help greatly appreciated (I was really enjoying HotD & SR as I missed both of them in the arcade mid-90's - and then had a PSX with a great lack of Sega arcade action :(

Many thanks in advance - HOW

HOW

The 'Old' Kid
You need to update it.

I know that I need a new computer full stop :(

But are you saying that between v0.8 and 0.8a that support for my grahics card ceased? - Is that a definite? :confused:

How would that change explain why 0.8 functioned fine (minus HotD mouse button support) until I downloaded 0.8a?

PS. Does anyone know if/where older versions of M2 can be downloaded?

Last edited:

spotanjo3

No, you do not understand.. 0.8a fixed the bug. They forgot to fixed the problem with mouse.. that's normal. That's why they released 0.8a to fix the problem. The 0.8a is better. Do not use the older versions because some games wont played the older version. You need to understand.. They update every versions to remove the bug and increase the games to be fully playable.

HOW

The 'Old' Kid
No, you do not understand.. 0.8a fixed the bug. They forgot to fixed the problem with mouse.. that's normal. That's why they released 0.8a to fix the problem. The 0.8a is better. Do not use the older versions because some games wont played the older version. You need to understand.. They update every versions to remove the bug and increase the games to be fully playable.

Hi there,

I do understand that 0.8 fixed probs with SR - but caused HotD prob - then 0.8a resolved both issues.

I realise that.

It's just (as I think I explained pretty clearly) I can no longer use either my 0.8 or 0.8a versions :(:(:( (I have deleted all previous) and all are having the graphical glitches shown in the screenshots.

As far as I am aware nothing has changed in my settings - so I am at a loss to resolve.

Any help gratefully accepted :bow::bow::bow:

HOW

HOW

The 'Old' Kid
Here is a copy of the contents on the CONFIGURATION file:
Any advice would be fantastic :)

;Configuration file for the SEGA Model 2 emulator
;All text to the right of ; is ignored (use as comments)

;Add your rom directories here (max 10)
;ROMS subdirectory in the same folder than the exe is always scanned when searching for roms
;(remove the ; form Dir1)
[RomDirs]
;Dir1=c:\Model2\roms

[Renderer]
Geometrizer=1
SoftwareVertexProcessing=0

Wireframe=0 ;Disables polygon filling (for debug purposes, don't change)
FakeGouraud=0 ;Tries to guess Per-vertex colour (gouraud) from the Model2 per-poly information (flat)
Bilinear=1 ;Enables bilinear filtering of textures
Trilinear=0 ;Enables mipmap usage and trilinear filtering (doesn't work with some games, DoA for example)
FilterTilemaps=0 ;Enables bilinear filtering on tilemaps (looks good, but can cause some stretch artifacts)
ForceManaged=0 ;Forces the DX driver to use Managed textures instead of Dynamic. Use it if the emulator
;crashes after loading or doesn't show anything
ForceSync=0
FullScreenWidth=640
FullScreenHeight=480

AutoMip=0 ;Enables Direct3D Automipmap generation
MeshTransparency=0 ;Enabled meshed polygons for translucency. Requires PS3.0

;These options are configured from menus so don't touch
FullMode=2
Sound=1
Frameskip=-1
AutoFull=0
Filter=2089879275

[Input]
XInput=0 ;Enable support for Xbox360 compatible devices
EnableFF=0 ;Enable Force Feedback Effects

;FORCE EFFECTS PARAMETERS
;FE_CENTERING Effect (Spring centering effect)
FE_CENTERING_Gain=0.5 ;Global gain
FE_CENTERING_Coefficient=10000 ;0-10000
FE_CENTERING_Saturation=10000 ;0-10000
FE_CENTERING_Deadband=1000 ;10%

;FE_CLUTCH Effect (Friction, wheel turn hardness)
FE_CLUTCH_Gain=1.0 ;Global gain
FE_CLUTCH_Coefficient=10000 ;0-10000

;FE_LEFT,FE_RIGHT (Constant force in a direction)
FE_LEFT_Gain=1.0 ;Global gain
FE_LEFT_Magnitude=10000 ;0-10000
FE_RIGHT_Gain=1.0 ;Global gain
FE_RIGHT_Magnitude=10000 ;0-10000

;FE_UNCENTERING (Sine force, wave the wheel, rumble)
FE_UNCENTERING_Gain=1.0 ;Global gain
FE_UNCENTERING_Magnitude=10000 ;0-10000
FE_UNCENTERING_Offset=-200
FE_UNCENTERING_Phase=0
FE_UNCENTERING_Period=56000

spotanjo3

It is best for you to go to nebula site and ask them instead because they works on this emulator and they can help you better than here. :)

jpcline004

Gaijin

Hi there,

I do understand that 0.8 fixed probs with SR - but caused HotD prob - then 0.8a resolved both issues.

I realise that.

It's just (as I think I explained pretty clearly) I can no longer use either my 0.8 or 0.8a versions :(:(:( (I have deleted all previous) and all are having the graphical glitches shown in the screenshots.

Whatever. The newest version isn't always the best or most compatible. Sometimes new versions of emulators fix bugs that cause other bugs to appear. You can get v. 7 from Emu HQ, see if it works better.

http://www.emuhq.com/search/model+2/

If .7 works and .8 doesn't, you should submit the bug at their official forum so they can try and fix it.

http://www.speksnk.org/foro/viewforum.php?f=50

spotanjo3

I m not new to emulators. I had been around them for over 7 years. That's why I told some people to go to nebula site to click the forum to get them into speksnk forum. I loved speksnk forum because I had been around them for a long long time, why? They always friendly toward me and taught me without say harsh things or piss off. They are very nice to noob people and newbies as well. They really help each others alots.. Not many forums are like that. Speksnk forum rocks! I love those people! :p

Last edited: