Help me buying a new pc

jet the hawk

Please help me

I want the emulator to run pcsx2 and dolphin and nogba and xbox 360 emulator in the future

And every thing should be on full speed

testmachine

Old member
Intel? Core™ i7-3930K Processor
(12M Cache, 3.20 GHz)
Sapphire Radeon HD 6990
4GB Multi core graphics card.
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
Asus Striker Extreme Gaming motherboard.
It would cost around 2500$.But then your computer would be a gaming beast.
+Buy a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) and the emulation would work flawless.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I'm about to move this thread to computers and technology sub forum

By the way, if I had that computer, I wouldn't be stuck on N64/playstation emulation :p

If you wanted a cheaper setup, you might want to consider an AMD processor instead.

Last edited:

jet the hawk

I bought this pc yesterday and it's cool

Every thing is full speed and I found an xbox 360 emulator and tried it and it runned 60% speed

And just coast me 1800$

niraj2thane

Well, first get a paper and note down everything. Also, I recemend you to go to canyourunit. Search on google can you run it

testmachine

Old member
the i7 uses HT where an i5 does not. No emulator will ever need HT. The only use HT has right now is for things like video editing.

You're wrong Ulaoulao,As i am a tehnician,and in the shop where i work there are many computers that have an intel core i7 with 4 cores and Hyperthreading,and it does speed things up.For example:
PCSX2 Works almost without any lag while HT is on,but when i disable HT it in the bios,PCSX2's framerate will drop and it will ocassionally lag.Tested with an i7 (Quad core) and an i5 (Double core) computer.Graphics in those PC's are mainly Nvidia GTX series.So the graphics aren't slowing it down.

Last edited:

runedj4

Thought i might intervene, first you recommenced and old CPu intel have newer ones now with even better single threaded profomance, Now that the key with emulation it barley uses 4 cores right now and all the emulator on default use 2-1. my slower amd has been suffering for it to. were as my friend has been using an intel i5-4670k and have 100% on every thing other then this apparent xbox emulator we never know about.

Last edited: