Light gun for Wild gunman and Hogan Ally on nes emulator?

NorseChief

I used to play Wild gunman, Hogan ally and duck hunt on my nes console ages ago with the light gun (you know, the one where you aim at the screen and shoot things) until it broke :(

Now I have these games on my nes emulator on my pc but I have no idea how to play them without a light gun of some sort. There seems to be no option to even use the mouse. And it's not like you can just go down to the store and get one of these things anymore.

Do you guys know the easiest way I can play these games? Is there some sort of light gun you can buy for your pc but how would that work?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Certain emulators will let you play with a mouse. From memory here I'm thinking FCEUX and RockNES . I though Jnes did too?

zophar.net says
FCE Ultra is an open-source, portable NES/Famicom emulator based on Bero's FCE source code. It has excellent sound emulation and support for a wide variety of in-cart expansion hardware("mappers"). PPU/CPU timing is good(in comparison to *most* other NES emulators, which are rated poor in this area). Several VS Unisystem games are supported well. Interesting features include emulation of the Zapper and VS Unisystem light gun via the mouse, and "authentic" Game Genie emulation.

And if you have a CRT you can get any usb gun to use with it. LCD's and Plasmas need a special gun(not as good).

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Certain emulators will let you play with a mouse. From memory here I'm thinking FCEUX and RockNES . I though Jnes did too?

zophar.net says

And if you have a CRT you can get any usb gun to use with it. LCD's and Plasmas need a special gun(not as good).
Do you think that it would be possible to use the Wiimote and black bar for games like Duck Hunt?